Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (3 Viewers)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm moving this issue discussion from another thread ("More than 13 days with Scheduledirect"). to see if anyone can confirm, or find a solution.

I ran into an issue with the SD plugin versions newer than 1.2. @geoffstewart was gracious enough to compile a new version to try solve the issue, after adding a version that downloaded a longer Guide time-frame from Schedules Direct.. Up to that point, I had not updated from the SD plugin since version 1.2, not needing any of the new features or not having any issues with the operation of the installed plugin. When I installed the new dll, now at version 1.3.0.1 , I got the extended Guide time-frame, but somehow lost the ability to rename recorded TV shows' series episode number to the TVDB friendly SxxExx format. Trying geoffstewart's new dll, I still ran into the issue.

a little more testing.... all using Tvdb.lib version 0.7.0.0

* I could not install SD 1.2.3.2 from MPE1 because of version compatibility.
    I installed SD 1.3.0 MPE1 ..... could not open in TV Server 1.8 ..... did not give me the SxxExx episode label for Series recording
    I installed SD 1.3.0.1 MPE1 ... opened in TV Server 1.8 .... did not give me SxxExx episode label
    I installed the recompiled SD 1.3.0.1 dll. .... opened in TV Server 1.8 .... did not give me SxxExx episode label
    I replaced my original SD 1.2 dll .... could not open in TV Server 1.8 ... correct SxxExx episode label

Being that no one has reported this issue before (since version SD 1.2), I must be the only person that uses the TVDB episode re-numeration. I save a lot of TV recordings into TV Series, after removing commercials with VideoReDo TV Suite and running them through VidCoder to convert to mkv files. The SxxExx formatting is invaluable in checking actual info from the TVDB (I use theRenamer to move episodes to my TV Series folders).

I would really like to get the plugin working at full capacity. I love the extended guide time-frame, and it would be nice to be able to open the config for the occasional forced download.

Thanks!

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    I was unaware that the SD plugin could do renaming of Series files.
    Is there an available log showing what it is attempting to do when it fails?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    it had this feature in svn 18... compiled for MP 1.1.0 Final ... first checkbox on the last tab in config

I'll have to run a couple tests ... I'm not sure which log file it would show up in.

milhouse

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Raleigh, NC U.S.
    Home Country
    I'll try to test and post a log tonight. I think mine still works.

Note that this doesn't actually rename the files, if I recall correctly. It looks up season/episode information in thetvdb and changes the guide data to include that info. Then the recording file name can be changed on the Recording tab to include the episode information from the guide. In other words, the recording file always would always have the S00E00 information, not a file rename. But I'll check if I get the chance tonight.

Milhouse

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    ... I have my series naming set to %title%\%title% - %episode% - %name% in the Custom paths and filenames tab. SD finds the TVDB episode number using the title and name fields, and adds the SxxExx in the episode feild. If the episode doesn't have a name, then the fields are left blank, with just the title and the separator characters.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Test:
    1. Saved TV Service log before stopping service. (TVService 1.log)
    2. Enter config, disabled SD 1.2 dll., manually stopped service, exited config.
    3. Replaced SD 1.2 dll with SD 1.3.0.1 dll.
    4 Enter config, enable SD 1.3.0.1 dll, manually restarted service.
    5. turned on debug for SD plugin, set manual guide data download on service restart, manually restarted service, exited config
    6. Started MP 1.8, went to guide, set Bewitched program to record series ... wait for start of record
    7. after recording started, manually stopped recording. Exit MP
    8. Checked recordings folder. file named Bewitched - 29 - It's Wishcraft.

9. Enter config. disable SD 1.3.0.1. Stop service. Exit config.
    10. replace SD 1.3.0.1dll with SD 1.2 dll
    11. Enter config. (start service). enable SD 1.2, restart service (could not open plugin config), exit config
    12 start MP 1.8, go to guide, manually start record of bewitched program (already set as series recording).
    13 manual stop recording. exit MP
    14. check recordings folder, new file is named Bewitched - S03E29 - Wishcraft.
    15. enter config. Stop service. exit config
    16 Save log (TVService 2.log)

logs attached.

Chuck

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    From the code log I can see @cwchapma has made several changes relating to season and episode numbers.
    It looks like you need to change your recording file name pattern from
    %title%\%title% - %episode% - %name%
    to
    %title%\%title% - S%series%E%episode% - %name%

...if you want that format.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    one more thing... I guess I'm looking at an expansion of the TVDB look-up feature... but is it possible to do a look-up for one time recordings (not as a series recording) in case they are really a TV Show, Mini Series or Documentary, and not a Movie, and have the Series# and Episode# number placed in the db for naming... If the Show isn't in the TVDB, then it is treated as a Movie and that info is not included.. maybe substituted with date and time. I usually lookup Movie Year at IMDB.com for Movie Recordings anyway, before putting them in my Movies folders.

The Recording section of TV Service would be improved if it where to differentiate between Movies, and other Shows for one time recordings (I know that is beyond the scope of this plugin).

Chuck

Edit:

It seems the SD plugin may do this already, in part. I "record once" a couple pbs shows, and they show the season and episode numbers... but a classic TV show, "McHales Navy", shows a very long string of numbers in both fields. Not all TV Shows are in the TVDB, I guess. Maybe cross-checking with the IMDB is an alternative?

Last edited:

benicehavefun

Portal Member
    September 12, 2014
    Home Country
    I am also using SchedulesDirect and have the MP TV Server set to name recordings in this format:

\%title%\Season %series%\%title% - S%series%E%episode% - %name%

This works great -- at least some of the time, maybe half of scheduled series recordings are named correctly.

Some examples from last night, where I recorded a total of 3 series. Here are the names of the files created:

C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Bones\Season EP00754201\Bones - SEP00754201E1001 - The Conspiracy in the Corpse.ts
    C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Scandal\Season EP01419535\Scandal - SEP01419535E401 - Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia.ts
    C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\How to Get Away With Murder\Season 01\How to Get Away With Murder - S01E01 - Pilot.ts

As you can see, only the last one was created with valid season and episode numbers.

The "Fetch season and episode information from The TVDB.com" option is checked in the SchedulesDirect plugin.

I'm running MediaPortal 1.9.0 and the SchedulesDirect plugin version 1.3.0.1...

I'd love to get out of the business of having to rename episodes (like the first two above) manually!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom