Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (2 Viewers)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    yep, did "svn checkout http://mp-schedulesdirect.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ mp-schedulesdirect-read-only" when I looked around at code version=1.3.0.1, figured that was "the code" used VisualStudioExpress 2013 to build code. point/click/monkey-do

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. Reason I asked is that I [stupidly] didn't modify the version on my build.

So to be clear...
    The latest standard build and my build both have the same version number - 1.3.0.1.
    The latest standard build will modify channel numbers regardless of configuration.
    My build will only modify channel numbers if the "rename" option is ticked.

The previous standard build - 1.3.0.0 - will not modify channel numbers at all.

This is the only explanation I can think of for what you're seeing.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    so looking at the other thread, I'm seeing the same problem. On a few occasions when I was scratching my head over number changes, I saw weirder combinations of some old/good some changed, but close/open MePo client or TvConfig and the numbers were either all good/bad. I also forced myself to wait until I saw the "last SD update message" in the log files to make sure all the download/updates had rippled through. Used powershell "gc tvservice.log -wait" as a way to monitor TvServer actions

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    so looking at the other thread, I'm seeing the same problem.
    Well that's to be expected, because the standard SD plugin does this intentionally. What has me puzzled is:
    1. Why your 1.3.0.1 build does not trigger the problem.
    2. Why your export files don't show modified channel numbers.
    If you want to make the same modification that I did and see if it prevents the modification in your build then you need to make a modification in EpgListingsImporter.cs. In the "public int ImportChannels(int delay)" function, find the line "mpChannel.ChannelNumber = int.Parse(tvStationMap.SchedulesDirectChannel);". Move it down 3 lines, into the "if (_renameChannels)" condition. Rebuild and the SD plugin won't modify channel numbers unless you enable renaming.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Tomorrow I'll go back to downloaded 1.3.0.1 "dll" and maybe build a local 1.3.0.1 from my source download and do some testing. I've done enough SD-plugin install/test/changes for 1 day. Make sure baseline 1.3.0.1 works cleanly on my test system. Its possible SD1.3.0.0 shows the problem but I did notice I'll look into your changes also. I changes the version number since I knew I'd get lost if 2+ versions had the same numbers

The exports are what totally confused me, when I was testing I just did the exports, change to next test, did not look at results.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    so I did another export with SD1302, now I see the changed channel numbers. Not sure what changed. The only things I've done since 1st export, is stop/start TvServer, close/open TvServerConfig. Maybe the close/open or stop/start causes export to use the newest/current data. I know the exports in the zip file were done after seeing number changes in the MePoClient.

In the past, I've seen cases where the Client does not really see all Tv channel/epg changes until you close/open the Client. Seems like the 1st time the Client enters TV it loads a bunch of info, not clear what triggers a refresh.

So at least the export makes sense. I'll make sure I close/open config before doing any more exports.

Attachments

• export_sd1302_again.xml
      90.7 KB

Nick1966

October 10, 2014
    Home Country
    Hello all. As I explained in my previous post, I'm clueless as to programming and whatever else you guys may be doing behind the scenes to address the coming SD change. I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who is working on a solution. I wish I could add something more meaningful than a thank you, but hope you all will accept my sincere thanks for tackling this issue. Hopefully a "Cliff notes" version for the technically challenged can be released once the process has been worked out and nailed down?

Thanks again,

Nick

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    @mm1352000 did some more testing on SD1.3.0.1, the SD1.3.0.1.dll code I tested is from code.google download see following link
    https://code.google.com/p/mp-schedulesdirect/downloads/list

for whats its worth, the official MePo webpage for plugins/download is SD1.3.0.0

Bottom line for SD1.3.0.1 no etc\host changes, no changes to ATSC channel numbers IF I wait long enough. After starting a new SD data update, there seems to be a time window that shows the modified ATSC numbers, but final channel numbers are correct. Very^3 strange. The 2 attached captures show the MePo Client and TvServerConfig>Channels with both cases. One with the modified numbers, 2nd capture is after doing close/open of both the Client and Config, about 2-3 minutes apart. Log file attached. Decided this result was strange enough, I would put this testing on the list of stuff to do the next time Calif gets a rainy week. Major drought, might not get to this for a while.

Followed your steps to move the "channel modify" code, built a new SD1.3.0.2 with the "DataDirect replacement service" URL changes and channel fix. So far this changes seems to work and I see the expected EPG and channels for the 2-3 times I tested. I'll test this a few more times, also let SD do an automatic update.

So assuming this is the "fix" or minimum SD-plugin update to keep existing SD users running, any thoughts on how get this tested and the "official" release? I think the current SD-plugins will stop working around Nov 1 without the etc\hosts change. Maybe @geoffstewart has some thoughts. I could just post the new SD1.3.0.2.dll to this forum, maybe figure out how to make an official SD1.3.0.2.mpe1.

None of this is making the full change to use the new/improved JSON API will all the bells and whistles. A grumpy old dog would need to learn some new tricks like C# programming, JSON, etc. Up till now changes are just copy/paste/build, tweak strings/code. No real thinking or programming.

Attachments

• sd1301_Before.PNG
      sd1301_Before.PNG
      832.5 KB
    • sd1301_CloseOpen.PNG
      sd1301_CloseOpen.PNG
      833.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom