Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (2 Viewers)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @geoffstewart.

Is there a possibility to create a Guide Enhancer for the MC2XML output file "tvguide.xml", to parse the episode number and change it to the TVDB format SxxExx? the Enhancer would have to run immediately after a new "tvguide.xml" file is created. MC2XML deletes the old tvguide.xml each time it scrapes for new data. It doesn't retrieve the SxxExx data from SchedulesDirect.

on the other hand ... my SD plugin v.1.3.01 stopped scraping guide data (don't know why). I'm running MP 1.10 final. Would it be possible to update the SD plugin for the new API and Mp 1.10?

Thanks for any consideration.

stargate12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Home Country
    @geoffstewart My plugin seems to be working fine. I have updated to 1.10 and everything stayed the same. Something that has happened to me in the past is I have forgotten to renew my subscription to SD. You also may check your SD account and make sure you don't need to alter you channel line up. Sometime things will change and you will need to redo your line up on SD. That is the extent of my knowledge.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Thanks for the suggestions... but I'm good on the subscription til Feb 2016, my OTA line up hasn't changed, I'm not blocked, and I did make the host-name change. I was using SD 1.3.01 until it stopped scraping (guide data ended at 5:00 pm Sunday). I could not force an update in config (the check mark never went away, either, when entering confige after restarting TV Service). MC2XML 1.3 is finding my SD lineup with no issue, it is just not giving me what I've grown accustomed to in SD.

Chuck

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    @2BitSculptor surprised you are having SD-plugin problems. since mc2xml works your account is still active/valid. Just re-did SD-plugin setup on test system, works as expected. Maybe time to double check your setup. Some things I'd suggest.

1. Use SetupTV > Export to export your Channels, Groups, Schedules to a XML file. Whenever I flip between xmltv/sd-plugin seems like I need to delete all channels, then import channels to get SD-plugin to "own EPG" for the channels.

2. Double check your "hosts" file setup. Most up to date info from SD-forums shows
    54.85.117.227 docs.tms.tribune.com webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com
    http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2614

you can flush your dns mapping cache to make sure there are no stale mappings, open an "admin" cmd.exe window and type ipconfig /flushdns

3. Re-enter your SD-plugin user/password info.

4. do a manual sd-update, server stop/start and upload your tvservice.log file, maybe something in log file will give a hint. Also try doing a reboot of your MePo TV server computer?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    In the next week or two, I'll be splitting up my single-seat to a dedicated TV-Server and a separate media-share server... right now data gets cramped with 4 channels recording on TV-Server and watching an HD program in TV-Series on the living-room client (stored on the TV-Server machine) while converting/transferring commercial-free recordings on a 3rd machine. I'll do a clean install on the new machine, with just time-shift and TV recordings, hopefully the tuners won't bump up against all the other things going on. We will see if it gets fixed.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    @RonD .... I went ahead and reinstalled the SD plugin (the latest dll from a few pages back) in my current TV-Server.... exported/deleted/imported all my settings, re-entered my pass and forced a download on service restart ..... 14 days downloaded, series season/episode naming corrected .... just have to wait til the morrow for a scheduled 12 hr download to occur on time to be sure all is working.

Still puzzled as to why I was having trouble. Just need an OS to set up the new dedicated TV-Server (have to wait for some extra pocket change)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    glad you are back running, no idea why your previous stable-working SD-plugin faded away.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Well, I got my new/refurb/recycled dedicated TV Server put together.... fresh MP TV Server install ... copied the SD dll from the previous working install to the new install ...... dud ..... not downloading the schedule, I waited all night. I'm still looking into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom