Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, what is going on in this thread. I thought I saw a post from TheBigNoob last week... then when I went to reply, it would not show for love nor money. :confused:

I wonder why it doesn't think I have internet.
    Well, the plugin code seems to show that the way it checks for internet is with access to:
    http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com

If you can access that website then the plugin should think it can access the internet.
    If you cannot access that website then it explains why the plugin thinks it can't access the internet.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My SD Plugin works correctly but that web link does not respond to direct access no matter what I do.
    Something tells me this is accessable only thru an API

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

TheBigNoob

May 28, 2015
    Home Country
    Hmmm, what is going on in this thread. I thought I saw a post from TheBigNoob last week... then when I went to reply, it would not show for love nor money. :confused:

Well, the plugin code seems to show that the way it checks for internet is with access to:
    http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com

If you can access that website then the plugin should think it can access the internet.
    If you cannot access that website then it explains why the plugin thinks it can't access the internet.

Yeah it was driving me crazy, first it said post needed moderation and then i thought it just didn't get approved and was kind of scared to post again. After a little bump post it showed back up; computers how do they work?

Tried resolving the page, it doesn't. Along with using the explicit rule for that hostname, i'm using google DNS servers. I think therein lies the problem, perhaps I got banned for polling the server to much or something? Traceroute does show drops between routes, maybe i'll see if it'll resolve over a VPN?

Have a feeling comcast is dropping the ball somewhere, like they usually do.

Edit, started working fine as soon as I hopped on a vpn connection to Canada, sorry for taking up space.

/me shifty eyes

Last edited:

benicehavefun

Portal Member
    September 12, 2014
    Home Country
    I'm having some challenges with my SchedulesDirect EPG data as I change time zones. I've been able to change my time zone from U.S. Pacific time to Mountain time and from Mountain to Central over the last few months. However, I'm now changing from Central to Eastern and I can't seem to get the guide to update more than 24 hours worth of data to the new time. In the past, all I've had to do is update the system clock for the new zone and force a full guide update in the SD plugin and wait. It's been a somewhat slow process -- but it has worked until this latest time change (Eastern Daylight Time). For the last few days, I've had to force a full guide data update each morning to get the EPG to show the correct broadcast times. Subsequent days still show broadcast times in Central Daylight Time.

I'm wondering if it's possible to delete all of my EPG data and then force a full guide update? If so, what file or files need deletion? Would this also delete all of my scheduling data (I'd prefer not to lose that)? I'd rather have no guide data for future days than have shows in the wrong time slot...

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    With setuptv.exe you can delete the EPG data using Manual the press "Refresh EPG" there will be a popup message and the EPG will get cleared in a couple seconds. see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/TV-Server_Configuration/11_Manual_Control

This only clears the EPG, does not change schedules, no idea how MePo recordings deal with moving system from one timezone to another.

Not sure how any of this ripples into SD-plugin, I assume you've also changed SD web page account to use an east coast TV lineup, windows timezone settings, etc.

benicehavefun

Portal Member
    September 12, 2014
    Home Country
    RonD - Thanks for the tip on the "Refresh EPG" button in TV-Server Configuration, I'll give that a try tomorrow morning. My Windows time zone setting is correct and my channel lineup is static since I'm using "DirecTV USA" (valid from coast-to-coast ).

Cheers!

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    one more comment, you might want to do a setuptv.exe "Export" of your channels, groups, schedules, etc. Probably will not need it, but it can't hurt anything to do an export

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom