ScreenControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi @kjegibbons,
... Would it be possible to expand the "speech recognition" module of the plugin to include more of the main home items along with the most popular plugins, ie. World Weather, YouTube.fm, Moving Pictures, TV Series etc? Failing that, maybe to have a "jump to" or "next" command to enable movement to the next home or menu item? ... Also, having media commands such as "stop", "play", "pause", "record" etc would be very useful ...
Some parts of your request could be realized, I'll try to build a proof-of-concept version at weekend.

... It would also be good to have a hyperlink within the plugin pointing to the speech recognition "training" section within windows...or even better, to have the training module incorporated into the plugin within a separate tab possibly ...
It's possible to include a hyperlink, the speech recognition train mode cannot be icnluded in a separate tab of ScreenControl.

Cheers, Micropolis

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ......I'll try to build a proof-of-concept version at weekend......

Much appreciated. (y)

IMO......I think many users may abandon the plugin as they may not realize that "training" may be needed for reliable use, so a hyperlink would be great.

Regards.

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @kjegibbons,
    please find attached at the first post of this thread the release candidate version of ScreenControl v1.2.0 including your requested enhancements.
    Currently, the media control by voice could not be supported. I might even find it a solution in the next few days or in an upcoming release. A feedback for the current implementation is welcome.

Cheers, Micropolis

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Hi @kjegibbons,
    please find attached at the first post of this thread the release candidate version of ScreenControl v1.2.0 including your requested enhancements.
    Currently, the media control by voice could not be supported. I might even find it a solution in the next few days or in an upcoming release. A feedback for the current implementation is welcome.

Cheers, Micropolis

Hi @Micropolis,

Your time spent on this is very much appreciated sir.

I'll give it a spin straight away and leave some feedback...although I have a feeling that everything will work "straight out of the box" as intended. (y)

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice work :D
    i need a skin File XML for TITAN skin

I have a bug

If I turn the dimmer after a minute

activated even after a minute my screensaver

My OS Windows 8 x64

Attachments

• settings.png
      settings.png
      45 KB
    • ossettings.png
      ossettings.png
      51.4 KB
    Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    ScreenControl v1.2.0 (Release Candidate 1 2013-02-24)

Hi @Micropolis,

Some initial feedback for your consideration...

No "preview" activated for screensaver within plugin...all other previews are OK.

"Select" command delay on execution, ie. TV on button.

"Select" command not functioning for dialogue boxes.

"Screen Jump" still active during voice command inputs (not being detected).

Unable to get the "#ScreenControl.SpeechRecognitionModeState" property to function correctly (although this is probably me being a bit daft). So far I have......

<control>
    <description>Speech Recognition Image</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>1700</posX>
    <posY>550</posY>
    <width>75</width>
    <height>75</height>
    <texture>screencontrol_listening.png</texture>
    <visible>string.equals(#ScreenControl.SpeechRecognitionModeState)</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" time="250">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" time="250">WindowClose</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" time="250" start="-1890,0">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" time="250" end="-1890,0">WindowClose</animation>
    </control>

Many thanks and kind regards.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @l337, hi @kjegibbons,

... i need a skin File XML for TITAN skin ...
    Please ask in the appropriate skin thread.

... If I turn the dimmer after a minute ... activated even after a minute my screensaver ...
    Sorry, I'm not able to reproduce this issue. If I take a look to your second screenshot, you have enabled screen saver settings system wide, correct?

...No "preview" activated for screensaver within plugin ...
    Could you check, if you have enough permissions to start c:\windows\system32\scrnsave.exe? If this check is ok, please try to start the MediaPortal configuration tool with administrative rights.

..."Select" command delay on execution, ie. TV on button ... "Select" command not functioning for dialogue boxes ...
    This can't be fixed on-the-fly, I must investigate a little bit more time.

..."Screen Jump" still active during voice command inputs (not being detected) ...
    There is no option to forbid screen jump, if recognition mode is enabled. Maybe I misunderstand you?

...Unable to get the "#ScreenControl.SpeechRecognitionModeState" property to function correctly ...
    Please change your texture definition to <texture>#ScreenControl.SpeechRecognitionModeState</texture> and delete the visibility condition.

@Community: At the first post of this thread please find release candidate 2 of ScreenControl v1.2.0. This version contains significant changes and enhancements to the resolution handling.

Cheers, Micropolis

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Holla

the problem is the screen saver activates automatically after 1 minute @ Live TV.

My Plugin setting prohibit this right ? is Windows 8 ´incompatibility with your Plugin?
    if I disable your plugin, I can watch TV without the screensaver activates itself

Other peaple use Win 8 and this Plugin ?

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    ......Could you check, if you have enough permissions to start c:\windows\system32\scrnsave.exe? If this check is ok, please try to start the MediaPortal configuration tool with administrative rights......

Administrative rights are OK...still no preview.

......This can't be fixed on-the-fly, I must investigate a little bit more time......

Understood.

......There is no option to forbid screen jump, if recognition mode is enabled. Maybe I misunderstand you?......

For example, I have configured "jump to fullscreen" after 2 minutes, if I am then browsing menus using voice commands the "jump to fullscreen" will still activate. Is it possible for voice commands to be detected and the 2 minute countdown to start from the last detected voice command? This way, if voice commands are being used to navigate for any length of time then this will not be interrupted by the "jump to fullscreen" until there has been no voice commands for 2 minutes.

......Please change your texture definition to <texture>#ScreenControl.SpeechRecognitionModeState</texture> and delete the visibility condition......

Solved.

Another observation......

If I am at the basic home menu and using the "left" command to navigate the menu the menu cycles but still remains at the original entry, ie. TV -> TV Series will cycle to TV -> TV. I haven't yet taught the "right" command but I am assuming this will be the same.

Regards.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi kjegibbons,
    ... Administrative rights are OK...still no preview ...
    Do you have configured a valid screensaver in Windows control panel before? (Note 1: please set a high timeout value, maybe 600 min. Note 2: The configuration options is disabled now, until a screensaver has been configured correctly.)

... Is it possible for voice commands to be detected and the 2 minute countdown to start from the last detected voice command? ...
    With release candidate 3, all timers for power and screen jump will be resetted, if a voice command has been recognized. Please test it.

... If I am at the basic home menu and using the "left" command to navigate the menu the menu cycles but still remains at the original entry, ie. TV -> TV Series will cycle to TV -> TV. I haven't yet taught the "right" command but I am assuming this will be the same ...
    Maybe I misunderstand you. This is a skin specific problem, ScreenControl is only able to send navigation commands.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom