ScreenControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear zaxxa,
... Thanks a lot but I can't use It because I have Mustayaluca skin ...

the skin files for ScreenControl is not more than the optional part, if you want set possible settings inside the GUI. You can disable the menu entry and configure changes outside.
If you need support, please give me a ping, thank you.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

drbiggly

October 12, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am using Media Portal version 1.2.3.0 and have installed the plugin with version 1.0.1. After installing plugin, I go to the Configuration panel. When I click on the Plugins options, I get the following message:

Failed to locate assembly 'Micropolis.HDcore, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null". Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end.

When I go to the MediaPortal\plugins\Windows folder the Micropolis.MPCore.dll file and the ScreenControl.Core.dll and ScreenControl.dll files are there. In the Mediaporta\plugins folder I also have the Micropolis.MPCore.dll file.

I used to use the old version of Screen Control with the older version of MediaPortal and after upgrading, it would not work so I uninstalled it and installed the new version.

The error above goes away if I uninstall the Screen Control plugin; I can configure my plugins again within the MediaPortal Configuration panel.

Not sure what has gone wrong. Please help! :)

vihost

Portal Member
January 20, 2010
Failed to locate assembly 'Micropolis.HDcore" received, when installed from .mpe1 package on Win7 32 prof. HDCore file is really absent in folder.
The resolution is to download a zip package from the first post here, and copy it directly.

Some another problem with MediaPortal 1.2.3 + ScreenControl 1.0.1

PowerControl/Activate screensaver after 1 minute enabled.
Prevent if video is playing enabled

When Mediaportal just launched, screen saver works well after 1 minute.
When waiting 1 minute after any video finished, Mediaportal crashes:

Имя события проблемы:BEX
Имя приложения:MediaPortal.exe
Версия приложения:1.2.3.0
Отметка времени приложения:4f844ede
Имя модуля с ошибкой:KERNEL32.dll
Версия модуля с ошибкой:6.1.7601.17932
Отметка времени модуля с ошибкой:503275b9
Смещение исключения:000a9bb3
Код исключения:c0000409
Данные исключения:00000000
Версия ОС:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Код языка:1049
Дополнительные сведения 1:fb61
Дополнительные сведения 2:fb615968fcfcabc14a95144e705ad6dc
Дополнительные сведения 3:c32b
Дополнительные сведения 4:c32b136190a4deb0179193b612bb0e92

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
in the plugin repository and at the first post of this thread you can find the ScreenControl maintenance release v1.0.3.
This version contains cumulative changes and enhancements, skin changes are not required.

@vihost:
Failed to locate assembly 'Micropolis.HDcore" received, when installed from .mpe1 package on Win7 32 prof. HDCore file is really absent in folder... PowerControl/Activate screensaver after 1 minute enabled. ... Prevent if video is playing enabled ... When waiting 1 minute after any video finished, Mediaportal crashes ...

Thank you for reporting this issue, the maintenance release corrects this installation package problem. Regarding your problem please post logs here, provide detailed step to reproduce and translate the error message above, otherwise I can only guess where the root cause can be.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

vihost

Portal Member
January 20, 2010
ScreenControl 1.0.3 installed, all logs deleted.
Windows screensaver set to 30 minutes.
Mediaportal screensaver (idle timer) turned off.

Checked on Power tab:
Enable power control
Activate screensaver after 1 minute
Prevent, if fullscreen video or TV is playing
Prevent, if fullscreen visualisation is displayed

Checked on Settings tab:
Enable mouse activity detection

All other tabs disabled.
Started Mediaportal, waiting for 1 minute.
Google screensaver starter successfully.
Cancelling, start playing any video file.
Waiting for 1 minute after video end.
Mediaportal stops working message received:
Problem Event Name:BEX
Application Name:MediaPortal.exe
Application Version:1.2.3.0
Application Timestamp:4f844ede
Fault Module Name:KERNEL32.dll
Fault Module Version:6.1.7601.17932
Fault Module Timestamp:503275b9
Exception Offset:000a9bb3
Exception Code:c0000409
Exception Data:00000000
OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID:1049
Additional Information 1:fb61
Additional Information 2:fb615968fcfcabc14a95144e705ad6dc
Additional Information 3:c32b
Additional Information 4:c32b136190a4deb0179193b612bb0e92
If you need any tests or even a teamviewer session, please contact me (but note Win7 Prof 32bit is russian).

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi vihost,
I'll try to reproduce this problem in the next few days. Could you also provide the error.log file?

Cheers, Micropolis

vihost

Portal Member
January 20, 2010
Today I reinstalled Win7 and made a clear installation of MP 1.2.3 with SC 1.0.3
Now there is no MP crashing at 1 minute after video end, but SC cannot start screensaver (after 1 minute, when any video ends, all previous settings).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Micropolis, I noticed you had support for Samsung SmartTV listed in changelog, so I'm hoping this also applies to my Samsung dumbTV (same model, but they stripped out the smart stuff to make it cheaper).

Currently I'm just blanking the screen when there has been no activity for a long time, because if I turn the TV 'off' via MePo settings, it takes a minimum amount of 15 minutes for the Samsung dumbTV to display a bright "signal lost" error before it shuts itself off. For some reason Samsung does not allow the eco brightness setting to take effect then, so it is such a bright error that it lights up entire room and then wakes my wife up who might have dosed off watching something. The MePo box has a super high WAF, so I had to go with blanking-screen setting.

But even on this nice LED system with HDMI black levels set to low, the blanking of screen setting gives a relative high greyish wash to the screen from light leakage, so to maximize lifespan and limit LED usage I really want to kick in the standby mode that my old analog TV gave me. So not a full shut-off, but a resumable standby that turns the screen off without any darn Samsung OSD error messages, so that pressing resume on a long pause that made the screen blank as well, does not require my wife to fumble for the TV power on/off button.

TV in question = http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN55EH6001FXZA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom