[Music] Secondary sort needed when viewing by album and sorting by artist (2 Viewers)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

As per title and these threads...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/music-album-compilation-advice.114874/page-2#post-947926

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/ideas-for-music-section.88795/page-10#post-677561

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/music-sort-option-needed.114578/#post-945834

Edit: I've now attached a screen grab to visually explain the issue, in case its unclear. Music is view by album and sort by artist. Expected outcome is that all albums with various artist are together (which they are) BUT ALSO that all albums are listed alphabetically when you get to various artist section. You can see in the screen grab that Bonkers disc 1 is after Bonkers Disc 2, also Disc 3 is a few discs away on the right of the screen. Same issue happens with any artist that has multiple albums. Ie each artists' albums should be sorted alphabetically but they are not.

Thanks,

Colin

Attachments

• MusicSortOptionIssue.png
    MusicSortOptionIssue.png
    3.1 MB
Last edited:

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
Hi Devs,

Does anyone know if this has been looked into/resolved in 1.6 or 2?

Cheers,
Colin

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
Hi Guys,

Sorry to bump this but I'm really interested to see if there is a fix/update for this?

Cheers,
COlin

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
Hi Devs,

Any news or plans for an update to help with this?

For me its vital music is sorted correctly.....

Is there even anything I can do manually perhaps edit the database directly to manually sort? How is it currently sorted if albums have same artist name? How are the albums then sorted within each artist in coverflow album view?

Cheers,
Colin

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Unfortunately new features for music in MP1 may take a while as the dev for this area has retired.

Post a feature request in the MP2 forum as that is getting more attention as time goes on.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Unfortunately new features for music in MP1 may take a while as the dev for this area has retired.

Post a feature request in the MP2 forum as that is getting more attention as time goes on.

Hi Pog,

I've been requesting this for well over a year in MP1 forums. I don't really want to start again with MP2, nor is MP2 anywhere near suitable for end users yet. I really think its something the devs should look at seriously and urgently. Its a fundamental requirement of media software to sort albums in correct name order as a secondary sort. Ie sort by artists first, then by album name all in one coverflow view. Its similar to how most people would sort their CD collection on a shelf I guess.

Cheers,
    Colin

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hey Colin, I hear you, I'm a huge music fan myself.

There is a need to be patient with community projects like this as people work on stuff that takes their interest and work gets done in their own spare time.

If it's any help I sort by AlbumArtist then by Album (ordered by year).

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hey Colin, I hear you, I'm a huge music fan myself.

There is a need to be patient with community projects like this as people work on stuff that takes their interest and work gets done in their own spare time.

If it's any help I sort by AlbumArtist then by Album (ordered by year).
    Is that coverflow view though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom