Server configuration crashes after a week (1 Viewer)

Hw00d

July 12, 2014
VA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
When running 1.8 after a week w/out issues, I lose TV functionality, Says "No free card available", so trying to get into the servers config setup all I get is this :
TVserver error.png
(TVserver error.png)
MP runs fine but TV part comes up "no free card". I went as far as formatting the drive and put new OS back on it, re-install MP 1.8 and does great for about a week or so then the TV server goes all VB script on me when going to config.
Happened to me as well running 1.7 couple 3 months ago. Checked file in system32/Drivers/etc folder, both lines were there but REM'd out (*), so removed the astriks , but still same effect. Have included debug log and setup, anybody w/ info is muchly appreciated, I've gotten hooked on MP ;)
Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Hw00d

It looks like your server's IP address is changing, and that throws TV Server for a spin.

To fix, please configure the PC that TV Server is install on with a static IP address.

To avoid a reinstall, make the static IP address match the address that the PC had when TV Server was installed. Alternatively, use MySQL Workbench or similar to edit the contents of the TV Server database Servers table and match the IP address there with the one that you choose.

Regards,
    mm

Hw00d

July 12, 2014
    VA
    Home Country
    WOW, amazing response time,(y) thanks mm, will rectify the IP issue and let ya know how it goes

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    MM -- I too have my TV-Service 'crash' periodically... My client in the bedroom gives me a popup about being unable to play a stream... yet my HTPC client (sharing the same PC as the server) will do fine! I can detect something is arye since TV-Service will be hogging 25% CPU in Task Manager. Simply stopping and restarting TV-Service fixes it until next time! I'll send logs when I get home... just wanted to share.

Hw00d

July 12, 2014
    VA
    Home Country
    sorry but been busy moving brother 80 miles, Well that did the trick, have IP on server locked in now. Now my client side (another room) says "unable to play stream 3" on the tv part. it's 1.8 as well, was doing great until today, as per request, debug log attached
    thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here's the issue:
    [2014-08-21 00:02:15,791] [ c99efe8] [ eec] - Failed to get a SDP description from URL rtsp://Theater-PC:554/stream3.0 Failed to read response: No error

Please check your firewall configuration on the client and server.

Hw00d

July 12, 2014
    VA
    Home Country
    dang MM, ur quick couz, will do, and report back[DOUBLEPOST=1408595217][/DOUBLEPOST]Again you prove you know your stuff MM, t'was a firewall issue, now allowed and passing thru :)
    thanks again my friend, should i go 1.9??...if it's not broke, don't fix it right?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom