server doesn't start (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The upgrade from a Pre Release is same as from a Final Release.

If every user say I do not try the Pre Release then we won't have any test result from our work. :(

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @mrkaras
    This behavior you have seen with your SQL server is really uncommon (this opinion based on amount of users that have such sort of problems - you only and alone, and amount of people using MS SQL and TVService having no problems with start - 10K+), so i assume there is something wrong with your MS SQL installation.
    Have you tried to set TVService start mode to "Automatic (Delayed start)" instead of simple automatic? if not- please do so and report here whether it helped or not.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    @regeszter I am wanting to use mediaportal, not test mediaportal, I appreciate that somebody needs to test it at some point, but that should be done by the good people wanting to test.

@Vasilich I can give that a go (but not right now, its 10:00 pm, I'll see if I can get a chance tomorow) but as that would take an extra 2 minuets the client may have started and would fail, still might be better to work eventually rather than having to manually start it all the time.

this is somebody else talking about the same sql server problem I believe http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-database-activation-after-sql-server-restart
    and this too http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-has-started-fully-and-all-databases-are-onli

Last edited:

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I have set the delayed start things and so far so good, a bit of a pain having to wait 2 minutes but possibly better than having to quit and manually start the service. the client started but could not turn on TV (no service) I waited for a minute or two and then it worked as expected.
    while doing this I come across more issues, both logs attached will be almost identical but one is because when I started the client it crashed, this happened twice in a row (only the first will be in the log) and this doesn't happen every time (obviously I couldn't use it at all if it did) but I have seen it several times before.

the other logs are because I noticed an annoying issue where it appears to no longer keep the settings for the TV guide group, I have Chanel groups set up and basically always use the one group, MP forgot this and reverted to all channels, I only ever have it set to "standard"

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    when I started the client it crashed
    When an application crashes you can almost always see the cause in the Windows application event log. In this case:
    [collapse]"29/08/2014 5:37:07 AM";".NET Runtime";"(0)";"Error";"Application: MediaPortal.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    Stack:
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.ScanAndMonitorPaths()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(System.Object)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    ";"1026"
    "29/08/2014 5:37:08 AM";"Application Error";"Application Crashing Events";"Error";"Faulting application name: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.8.0.0, time stamp: 0x53a6f5af Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x1136e7ed Faulting process id: 0xda0 Faulting application start time: 0x01cfc2f76ff42caa Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe Faulting module path: unknown Report Id: b27ec180-2eea-11e4-b2ae-00155872cd7b";"1000"[/collapse]

In short MovingPictures' scanning caused MP to crash. Please report this to the MovingPictures team.

the other logs are because I noticed an annoying issue where it appears to no longer keep the settings for the TV guide group
    MediaPortal.xml in the crash logs says your previous channel is:
    <entry name="group">All Channels</entry>
    <entry name="channel">7mate</entry>

So, it is certainly not that the setting is not kept. Why the value of the setting is what it is I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom