Setup help (1 Viewer)

bergarth

November 28, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
i need help setting this up- i have XBMC and use that for IPTV service but i was told this is better, but i can not find any videos how to set this up..

In xbmc i just enabled a addon entered in some url and bam i can watch tv online but this i can not figure out i did all quick start guides i want to watch TV ONLINE...not from cable or any source from home...

there has to be a simpler way to get this to work...

bergarth

November 28, 2014
Home Country
What plug in are you using? I tried the online one suggested at top and want what I was expecting. Looking for plug in that allows me to watch TV like iptv simple client in xbmc.

1500 channels but xbmc ticking me off lately. And was told this is better

Cambridge

November 28, 2014
Home Country
Uzbekistan Uzbekistan
I tried to use XBMC but it needs to have a 3rd party PVR installed. I felt that MP was a better interface with it's built in plug in for the EPG. The TV Server Config sees the tuners, pulls in all the channels, allows you to choose which channels you would like to set up, maps the channels to the tuner, the TV EPG Grabber shows all the channels to grab the data for, the Test Channels option shows grabbing info for the selected channels, but nothing. So tried the TV Movie EPG import plugin, the WebEPG plugin, did the whole XmlTv plugin and imports, still nothing. The webbased Titan TV EPG works fine. Don't know what is wrong.

bergarth

November 28, 2014
Home Country
I don't have a tuner card. . Looking to watch TV online like I do in xbmc. I tried configuring but no us/ntsc settings. I can't figure it out-stuck with xbmc at this rate.

Cambridge

November 28, 2014
Home Country
Uzbekistan Uzbekistan
Hum...yeah, I'm not familiar with watching TV online. I have an OTA antenna. I'm just hoping that someone from MP will pick up on this and through me some ideas on what I'm probably not doing right.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Folks, posting in the same thread like this for 2 completely different questions/issues is a bit confusing for me. Better would have been to have separate threads.

@Cambridge
    Yes I have tried all of the plugin options as well as using the standard DVB EPG feature. TV shows up fine, recording is great, it's just the EPG doesn't populate or show up. All the channels have been imported and tagged / mapped. Everything has been set up as shown in examples with all the plugins and still nothing.
    Well, like I said: please tell me about your TV provider, and post log files. I could speculate about a thousand different things that might be wrong but that would be a waste of time for both of us. With the logs, I am usually able to see the problem straight away.

@bergarth
    Looking to watch TV online like I do in xbmc. I tried configuring but no us/ntsc settings. I can't figure it out-stuck with xbmc at this rate.
    There is no 100% like-for-like equivalent of IPTV simple for MP, but OnlineVideoes is probably the closest.
    I'm not able to help you at all with OnlineVideos unless you can be specific about where you're stuck.
    AFAIK OnlineVideos is site-oriented rather than country oriented, so if you're looking for US/NTSC "settings" then you likely aren't going to find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom