ShowTimes Plugin Suite V3.4.3 (2017-01-09) (2 Viewers)

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
That kind of defeats the purpose. I don't want to do this from within mediaportal. I don't currently have a media portal installation. Can someone post a copy of their config files and I can modify them from there?

Goannaman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Nephilim,
    thanks for the plugin....seems to work well on 1.6.1 and 1.7. I have one difficultly though that use to work and has now stopped in both of MP latest releases. One particular cinema does not show up. The cinema is "Event Cinema Loganholme" in Brisbane Australia. Hope you can help
    Thanks in advance

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    @mlburgoon
    Not happening - you have no idea what details are required for the cinemas for your location.
    Install MP then config the plugin; remove if necessary.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    well, that is what I ended up doing. but mtsa is not working the way I hoped it would for a standalone. All I want to do is automatically download posters for upcoming movies. But it won't do just that. Also, even though I tell it to NOT download trailers, it still looks for them, but just does not download them. That drastically increases the amount of time mtsa runs.

What I have made is a digital video movie poster poster screen. I would like it to just show future movies and not old or current movies. I remembered that mtsa would download coming soon movie info and thought that might work.

And I do know what details are required. When I had an MP install, this was one of my favorite plugins. I had several suggestions for improvements, but see that they have not been done. Probably some technical reasons for that. I could see them being quite difficult to implement.

thanks

pantav

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello,

I have a problem with the trailers (spanish). They play with sound but without image (black screen). Also when I stop the trailer the mediaportal interface hangs and doesn't respond to the remote. If I close Mediaportal (Alt-F4), it closes but the process doesn't vanishes.

I tried to play the trailer using GraphStudio using the url from the logs and forcing the use of LAV filters and it works ok, both audio and video. Maybe is related to the Showtimes proxy. I attach the Log obtained in debug mode.

Thanks.

Sea Monkey

Portal Member
    June 13, 2011
    Installed the plugin, made sure MTSA wasn't read-only, setup the process plugin, attempted a manual download, and it doesn't grab anything. Launching the plugin within MP gives unable to load errors for config.xml, locations.xml, and moviedata.xml.

Running MP 1.7 with Titan.

Last edited:

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    You need to use the grabber config to create the correct location and cinema details before trying to grab the details.
    Those files are created by the config (not the one in the top section in the MP configuration app - look at the bottom for the process plugins)
    Once you've entered the data about the location and cinema(s) you want do a manual update (this can take some time!)

Sea Monkey

Portal Member
    June 13, 2011
    You need to use the grabber config to create the correct location and cinema details before trying to grab the details.
    Those files are created by the config (not the one in the top section in the MP configuration app - look at the bottom for the process plugins)
    Once you've entered the data about the location and cinema(s) you want do a manual update (this can take some time!)

setup the process plugin, attempted a manual download, and it doesn't grab anything

By 'setup the process plugin', I mean I entered all of the necessary configuration information. Then I pressed 'manual download' and it said it failed to obtain anything for the selected number of days. I increased that number and still had the same problem.

Also, I'd suggest that the manual download option grey out the OK button so the user has to cancel the update before exiting the menu if they do not want to wait for it to finish.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    So you've entered the details on the first page (configuration) and checked that the paths are correct?
    Does the 2nd page (Theatre Locations) show your cinemas?
    Then on the 3rd page (Shotimes Plugin) you've set for 2 days - then pressed the manual update download button?

Do this and check that the MTSA process runs (use task manager ctrl+shift+esc 'processes' tab)

If it does please attach copies of the files the plugin creates

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom