ShowTimes Plugin Suite V3.4.3 (2017-01-09) (1 Viewer)

Nephilim

Extension Developer
February 8, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
As of my check today I have a full 7 days of data, so added City Filmtheater back into my selection and did a manual grab and no problems, a full 7 days for each theater:). The only thing I have changed is I deinstalled the Trailer plugin, which I assume was installed with Show Times so I do not have any trailers available at present, will try and re-install later and see how it goes.

@framelmike
Not sure how it should look but attached is a screenshot of how mine looks.

View attachment 174694

No, the Trailer plugin is not installed (and not required) by the ShowTimes plugin.
There must be some other problem.
Please post your mtsa.log file (again...)

Bye,
Nephilim

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, the Trailer plugin is not installed (and not required) by the ShowTimes plugin.
    There must be some other problem.
    Please post your mtsa.log file (again...)

Bye,
    Nephilim

Hi Nephilim

The problem appears to be with the intergration in the Wide Default HD skin, the trailers button on the menu is not working, see attached screenshot and unlike the Titan skin there is not an option to play the trailer once a movie has been selected. I tried from the Titan skin and as before trailers play perfectly. Sorry I had assumed the loss of the trailer option was the result of the Trailer plugin uninstall, no idea how it came to be on my setup in the first placeo_O.

Should I report this on the DWHD forum?

st2.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have to install the trailers plugin ;)
    Works much better than the integrated one from ShowTimes itself ;)

@catavolt
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: OK that got the button working and I can now select trailers but......... I think it would be much better to first select the movie then have a button to play its trailer. Also given that I may want to checkout a given movie by its writeup/review, specific theater and time first before I view its trailer.
    At present I have to navigate to the movie I want then try and figure out how to get to the menu when its highlighted arrow on the left of the sceen can only be reached by navigating back through all the movies:confused:. OK I did find that using the up or down navigation brings up the menu but it sure is not obvious or very slick and as mentioned earlier, a nuisance if I first checked it out already. Hope you might consider a change:).
    Regards
    Joe

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi m8,
    why don´t you go into listview, highlight the movie you want, go left to open menu, then go to trailers ;)
    From any other view MP has the limitations you mentioned above which I can´t change ;)

Nephilim

Extension Developer
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The problem appears to be with the intergration in the Wide Default HD skin, the trailers button on the menu is not working,
    You have to install the trailers plugin ;)
    Works much better than the integrated one from ShowTimes itself ;)
    Should I report this on the DWHD forum?
    No :D

This is (probably) true for english trailers but not for non-english trailers...
    The Showtimes plugin skins should have a trailer button that show the "integrated" trailers and (optionaly) a button for the Trailer plugin compatibility (like the Titan skin).

Bye,
    Nephilim

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is (probably) true for english trailers but not for non-english trailers...
    Wrong ;) Trailers are looked up in the language setup in MP ;)
    The Showtimes plugin skins should have a trailer button that show the "integrated" trailers and (optionaly) a button for the Trailer plugin compatibility (like the Titan skin).
    Wrong again - see comment above ;)

Nephilim

Extension Developer
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Wrong ;) Trailers are looked up in the language setup in MP ;)

Sure but i noticed that often trailers are not found in some languages (eg italian).
    Moreover the plugin allows you to download the trailers while updating the data showtimes data.

Wrong again - see comment above ;)

And if i want to play the "integrated" trailes without using the trailers plugin?

Thanks.

Bye,
    Nephilim

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Showtimes plugin skins should have a trailer button that show the "integrated" trailers
    Even more: the integrated trailers are shown very small - not fullscreen (tested with different skins).
    I also think it´s time to overwork the plugin.
    When installing, it puts a MediaPortal.xml into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal, which later leads to errors in log.
    If you delete that MediaPortal.xml from C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal, the plugin shows a message every 5-10 seconds that MTSA.exe could not be started from C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (although all the paths are correctly set to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MTSA - this was already mentioned several times from different users (including me even in PM) :(
    Therefore I had to disable the plugin completely for the moment :(
    The data for Showtimes must be added to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml

Nephilim

Extension Developer
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The Showtimes plugin skins should have a trailer button that show the "integrated" trailers
    Even more: the integrated trailers are shown very small - not fullscreen (tested with different skins).
    I don't understand, the plugin search for a trailer link than is the mediaportal internal player that play it...

I also think it´s time to overwork the plugin.
    When installing, it puts a MediaPortal.xml into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal, which later leads to errors in log.
    If you delete that MediaPortal.xml from C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal, the plugin shows a message every 5-10 seconds that MTSA.exe could not be started from C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (although all the paths are correctly set to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MTSA - this was already mentioned several times from different users (including me even in PM) :(
    Therefore I had to disable the plugin completely for the moment :(
    The data for Showtimes must be added to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml

This is a different argument, for sure the plugin need an urgent overwork, but the skin should be done in the right way...

Bye,
    Nephilim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom