Simple question for you experts, I need to move MP to another PC (1 Viewer)

deazo

Portal Member
September 18, 2008
Hi all,
I have now tweaked and personalised MP on my personal PC and it is ready to be installed on my HTPC.
I wil install it on my HTPC but could you tell me what files/folders I need to transfert to the HTPC?
I am using myfilms
I have 3 different configurations
I am using Titan skin and I have modified the pictures (background etc) of Titan
I have a lot of fanarts to transfert
I don't need to change my movie files path.

Thank you in advance for the help!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And as an alternative you could simply copy the entire 'Team MediaPortal' folders from Program Files (x86) & Program Data to your other machine(s).

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    is there any difference between these methods?
    Yes, the first is automatic (after setup) and the second is a manual action.
    The first is the easiest ;) It's a plugin were you set what you want to backup, and it does it for you.
    The 2nd is what that plugin probably does, and good to know in case you lose your settings, for example. You settings are stored in the MediaPortal.xml file in your Program Data folder:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
    If you backup that entire folder to another PC, you'll have a backup of the entire MP setup (assuming they run the same MP version and have the same plugins installed). This includes your databases, fanart, skins, mods, etc.
    You can re-install the plugins easily, and after that you put back the appropriate .xml file and the settings are back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom