Skype4MP with video (1 Viewer)

mts

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
screenshot.png
please set mediaportal log-level to debug (only for now as it will reduce a lot of performance).

mts

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey guys,

yesterday I had to work on another project (business) so I could not continue on skype4MP.
Anyway, as this MP-plugin stuff is new to me I have some questions:
Is there a way to display a dialogWindow which is not modal?
I would like to display a small call-status window. If I make it modal you can't do anything in MP until you finished your call.
The other solution could be to show the skype4MP plugin window after you confirmed a call. This way you could leave the window if necessary.
What would you prefer?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi, I'm not sure how to make it with actual dialog windows but you could always make part of skin file look like dialog window and show/hide it setting "visible" property of skin elements to GUIProperty value which you could set by calling GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I cleaned up video a little bit so it works again, BUT:

Actually I have to use the skypeVideoWindow, which is working but has two problems.
    a) It wont work if MP is alwaysOnTop
    b) When the skype video is fullscreen, you don't see MP anymore so I cannot show any dialog to hangup or stop video.
    The only solution could be to use some remoteButtons?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds great so far ;)
    Had some issues yesterday: Made some test calls, activated video (so the contact could see me), and after terminating the call, I got a BSOD!!
    Nothing in logs (ofc), this happened twice - always when using video and then terminating the call .
    In general, I´d suggest the following:
    1. Bring the hardcoded strings into properties (e.g. <label>Birthdate:</label> becomes <label>#Skype.ContactInfos.BirthdateLabel</label>) and put it into a language file, this way we can translate them
    2. Rename the mySkypeHistory.xml to Skype4MPHistory.xml, so the naming conventions are met and skinners will see that these files belong together ;)
    3. It is not possible to use the plugin if Skype isn´t startet before using MP. The config option does not work - and when opening the plugin without an active Skype, it is not possible to open the hidden menu and start it from there ;)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want to commit your code back to the svn on the google code project just let me know your google code registered email adress, so I can set you admin there.

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok, video is a bit tricky. As soon as MP loses its focus I cannot get it back. Microsoft doesn't allow that an application can set the focus to itself, so I needed a little workaround. You have to copy the file "MPfocusSetter.exe" to the MP root directory.
    If someone explains how to make the app multilingual i will implement it.

Next will be to create a status dialog window.

I don't have google code account yet -> I will get one.[DOUBLEPOST=1413136481][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry, ignore the last file.
    Found a bug when skype is freshly started.

Attachments

• Skype4MP.zip
      324.2 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread