Skype4MP with video (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay, got some things working here. I am adding a screen shot so you can see what I do, but it is just cosmetic stuff at the moment. I need to go out to the office and pic up my other webcam to test that out.

Will report back soon.

Attachments

• 12-22-23.png
      12-22-23.png
      682.7 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    What's the skin code to make User/Contact Avatars show?

Quite a few got stored fine in the "SkypeAvatars" folder, but I have not been able to make them show up inside the skin. Also Skype users who created an account with Microsoft show up as "live:username" which causes the avatar filename to fail. More then likely caused by the ":" character not being allowed on Windows file systems; replacing ":" for "_" would solve that.

Log file is also filled with Skype4MP trying to download the avatar for stored phone numbers, so maybe exclude those when Skype username is in the "+12345556789" type of format.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    So far the user pictures are shown with "#selectedthumb".

I just noticed that as I was changing the spincolor and position, but the avatars do not load. I see it references "cdthumbmask.png", "black.png" and "cdthumbframe.png". The only one of those three I have in the Media folder is black.png. Do the others come default with DefaultWide? I'm doing this on Titan Extended skin, and can not locate those.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I made my first call over MP. It worked fine. But I noticed two things.

1. Not only MP but also Skype asked if I want to take the call. Does anybody to get Skype to not show a popup when a call is incoming.
    2. I closed the call the my remote and got an error that "msvcr120d.dll" is missing.

I`m on Windows 7 64bit and tried to find "msvcr120d.dll" but I found it only for 32bit. I tried to put it also in the root of MP: same error and it is not possile to register the file I found. Maybe someone can give me a working one.

Edit: For 2. I tried to copy it to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ and it seems to work now.

Thanks.

Last edited:

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I made skin for StremedMP, but I have two question. I think @catavolt could answer them.

1. I have no thumbnails in my contact list, but I have seen your skin for DefaultWide has, even if I put my skin file in the skin folder from DefaultWide I see the thumbnails. What in StreamedMP is missing??

2. In the DefaultWide I see a label with the name of the selected user over the contact list, but I don't find it in the skin file. Where it is in the skin file.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 19-44-32.png
      19-44-32.png
      1.1 MB
    • StreamedMP.rar
      343.2 KB
    Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2. In the DefaultWide I see a label with the name of the selected user over the contact list, but I don't find it in the skin file. Where it is in the skin file.
    That comes from a standard entry in common.window.xml where the #selecteditem is shown centered ;)

1. I have no thumbnails in my contact list, but I have seen your skin for DefaultWide has, even if I put my skin file in the skin folder from DefaultWide I see the thumbnails. What in StreamedMP is missing??
    I I understand you right, you see the thumbnails when you put your SMP xml into DefaultWide folder?
    Then pls check that the folder SkypeAvatars in SMP\Media\Skype4MP is EMPTY. Only then the actual avatar images are scraped from Skype and displayed.
    If you have Avatars from your contacts there, those won´t be shown (found it out by trial and error) ;)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That comes from a standard entry in common.window.xml where the #selecteditem is shown centered

Thanks

I understand you right, you see the thumbnails when you put your SMP xml into DefaultWide folder?
    Correct

Then pls check that the folder SkypeAvatars in SMP\Media\Skype4MP is EMPTY.

The folder wasn't empty, but cleaning doesn't help because after entering the plugin all user images are back and still no thumbnails in the list.
    Then I added manually a userthumb (echo123.jpg) to the "SkypeAvatars" folder in DefaultWide and it is shown.

Attachments

• 20-55-14.png
      20-55-14.png
      1.1 MB
    • echo123.jpg
      echo123.jpg
      7.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread