Skype4MP with video (3 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Anything else you want to see?

- Logging to go into Skype4MP.log
    - Fix ':' char for "live:username" entries on Avatars (Microsoft accounts vs. Skype accounts)
    - Not try to download avatar for phone number entries which username is in the +12345... format
    - Option to shutdown/restart Skype each time after a call, or at least close Skype IM window as it is buggy on 2nd+ call
    - Ability to place a video call and have camera send video (couldn't get it to work, only when accepting)
    - Setting a time-out on the "accept call" dialog, especially when call was completed on another device
    - Enjoy your Sunday ;)

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    about the other log file. Is there a class to create standard log files?
    In the moment logging is done by class MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log but I don't see a method to switch the filename.[DOUBLEPOST=1414960647][/DOUBLEPOST]@RoChess:
    1: Fix ':' char for "live:username" ?? I don't have any microsoft accounts in my list. -> Can you explain what has to be changed?
    2. Option to shutdown/restart Skype each time after a call: -> What is buggy on the second call? I don't have any problems.
    Rest of your points are already done.

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    about the localization. Are there any localization classes I can use or do I have to write it myself?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    about the other log file. Is there a class to create standard log files?
    In the moment logging is done by class MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log but I don't see a method to switch the filename.

Credit goes to @ltfearme for helping me getting started with IMDb+ plugin (he used his Trakt plugin as a base), but have a look here: http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/source/browse/trunk/IMDb%2B/Logger.cs

1: Fix ':' char for "live:username" ?? I don't have any microsoft accounts in my list. -> Can you explain what has to be changed?

Skype4MP logs the avatar-saving of the image file in mediaportal.log file, so I see a bunch of "Username", for example "echo123" that get stored as "echo123.jpg". For all my Microsoft account contacts I see "live:username" entries, but then immediatly followed by a Skype4MP failure to store/use the avatar image, which makes sense as ":" can not be used as a valid filename character. If you can do a simple string replacement of s/:/_ then the avatars would be stored as "live_username.jpg" and Windows will not throw a fit. I can give you detailed logs, but pretty sure you understand what is needed already from this explanation.

2. Option to shutdown/restart Skype each time after a call: -> What is buggy on the second call? I don't have any problems.

I can reproduce it consistently, first call works perfect, I then reset focus to MediaPortal, and ask my tester to call me again. Skype4MP at that moment tells me another call is already in progress (which is false), and if I would like to accept it. If I try to accept it then MediaPortal locks up. Since it is easy to reproduce I can get you detailed logs if you want, but probably wise for me to first update to whatever DLL you currently have.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    about the localization. Are there any localization classes I can use or do I have to write it myself?

Have a look at the full IMDb+ source. @ltfearme helped me add Transifex support, which allows contribution from other languages by users that will auto-compile when you create a new file for distribution. The syntax is really easy to get used to and after that it will all take care of itself. You keep adding English strings, and the Transifex community will get alerts to then translate those. Since IMDb+ is such a simple/basic plugin, you can also copy all the code to turn it into a nice MPEI so that distribution/usage by others will be extremly easy. The batch file to do auto-versioning is actually my own creation.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread