Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some general skin remarks to latest version:
    list still does not show default avatar if no avatar is available
    translations for hidden menu (buttons) still missing ;)
    THX for your efforts, @mts (y)

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    -> default avatar:
    Normally it should show this avatar: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\SKINTYPE\Media\Skype4MP\defaulAvatar.jpg
    if there is no avatar for a contact.
    I will take a look a the buttons -> could you give me a hint what I have to look for? what buttons?

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I checked the zip file of the first post.
    the defaultAvatar.jpg is in subfolder "SkypeAvatars". Put it directly to Skype4MP and it will work

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Actually I have no idea how to change the current user.
    The way you try to start skype would have the advantage that you can have control over the focus, as MP would be the owner of the skype process. Anyway I'm not sure if skype will like this...

So far tests are good, don't seem to have any nasty side effects. So now on to the more difficult part of not only selecting users but monitoring all at the same time. Not even sure if it's possible, I did see code for users but not sure yet if that's Skype users or windows users. [emoji10]

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ah, ok. I called it defaulAvatar instead of defeaultAvatar.

Here is a new version with some more translations (just remove the lables from the skin file), I have corrected the filename for the defaultAvatar and added some error-logs.

Attachments

• Skype4MP.zip
      234.2 KB

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ah, ok. I called it defaulAvatar instead of defeaultAvatar.

Here is a new version with some more translations (just remove the lables from the skin file), I have corrected the filename for the defaultAvatar and added some error-logs.

Are you able to merge your code with SVN It would be good to be working with the same code as you.

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think that you will be able to run multiple skype-instances on one user-account. They will probably use some named mutex to check it. Maybe you can hack and and remove it, but there are also other methods to prevent multiple application instances...[DOUBLEPOST=1415449082][/DOUBLEPOST]I will do this later today, as I have to leave now. I need to create a google code account first.

BTW: the code is as spaghetti as before... I didn't had the motivation to rewrite everything...

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't think that you will be able to run multiple skype-instances on one user-account. They will probably use some named mutex to check it. Maybe you can hack and and remove it, but there are also other methods to prevent multiple application instances...

You can I did it today, this is where the /secondary parameter comes to play. I think the only limit will be the api.

But then my knowledge is pretty limited so I could be missing something.

Users who are viewing this thread