Slow startup (splashscreen showing loading plugins) (1 Viewer)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey there

After a long time of using mp without any problem I now encounter some sort of a hanging start.
    The problem showed up at my livingroom client with mp 1.11 and is still there with 1.12.
    What's the problem? Mp hangs for maybe 30 secs. within the startup procedere while "starting plugins"
    is being shown on the splashscreen. My first thought was a corrupt db so I went back to an earlier
    backup of my system but that didn't help. Then I updated all my systems to mp 1.12 but that didn't help either.
    What I read in the loggs looked like something with the PS plugin but I'm not sure (and no pro).
    I attached two loggs. One normal (18:58) and one with debug mode enbabled (19:00). Both took the same time to start.

Grateful for every bit of help.

Rico

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Rico,

It seems to have to do with the TV Server. The client is probably waking it up and then has to wait until TV groups and channels have been successfully loaded. Client logs going idle at 18:59:13 and then continues 40sec later when TV information has been gathered.

[2015-07-13 18:59:13,261] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [INFO ] - PS: System changed from busy state to idle state
    [2015-07-13 18:59:53,634] [Log ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - ChannelNavigator::Reload()
    [2015-07-13 18:59:53,634] [Log ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - get channels from database
    [2015-07-13 18:59:53,775] [Log ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - found:56 tv channels

Please post the respective TVServer log in order to see what is happening.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Me neither.

The second MP log (19:00) does not look like it was taken in debug mode. Can you verify, and possibly rerun?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did not rerun but restored my server to 1.11 and updated new because I figured out that my other client has the same problem.
    So it must be server related. Unfortunately the restore and update didn't change anything...
    I attached the logs from the server.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

The server log is for a MP 1.12 installation. There are just 8 sec elapsing between server launch and it being ready, which looks OK for me. If all clients have a 40 sec lag, something else must be happening.

charliekay74

Portal Pro
    June 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ive also an endless slow start of mediaportal...2-3 Minutes....so that i decided to use it only as tv server and use now kodi for client

Last edited:

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    sitting on starting plugins for over 30 seconds a lot of the time is normal for MP isn't it?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    sitting on starting plugins for over 30 seconds a lot of the time is normal for MP isn't it?
    No, not necessarily. Some plugins are slow to load, and yes loading will take awhile if you have a lot of plugins and/or a slow system... but loading shouldn't be slow for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom