Small left/right borders on my tv ouput using gforce 6600 TC (1 Viewer)

ian4958

Portal Member
March 5, 2006
Hi there,

When i installed my card and put the output to the tv (using geforce 6600 turbo cache with latest nvidia drivers) - I have a small border on the left and right.....

I managed to fix this by going to the nvidia Positioning part in the control panel and increasing the overall size...

hence it now displays no borders on the left and right but the obviously the top and bottom have slightly disappeared off the top and bottom of the screen.

Is this normal?

I have the resolution for my tv output set to 800 x 600 which i presume is correct, I am not using a second display so nview is disabled. Infact my only output is TV using composite.

Can anyone advise what i am doing wrong or have wrong, if anything at all.... or is this normal not to fit..???

I have tried the refresh rate at 50 and 60... I am using PAL so i presume 50 is better.

Thanks in advance for any info

Regards

Ian

spoco2

Portal Member
March 6, 2006
Try downloading the latest Nvidia drivers and you should be able to set the resolution of the screen to be the native one of the tv you're using, either PAL or NTSC... I can't recall the resolutions exactly, but they're not quite 800x600

ian4958

Portal Member
March 5, 2006
thanks.. i found it was 720 x 576 for PAL...

Although i must admit... it doesn't fix the issue... i still have to increase the size of the screen because of borders...

but it is now set to 720 x 576 for PAL...

Maybe i just have to live with it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom