SMPeditor crashed after splash screen download (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    See tittle :) and screenshot below:
    upload_2016-7-4_20-46-54.png

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry for the delay, I will ensure I will take a look before I make another release.

It might have something to do with GoogleCode where the file is located. I now have to move all files to a new location such as GitHub.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ltfearme Do you think you might provide a little patch or the images and tell us where to put them manually? Had to reinstall and all external downloads (weather icons, splash screen images) are crashing the Editor. Thanks!

Soxbrother

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I've extracted and overwritten the file like you suggested, but the problem in the Mediaportal configuration and inside Mediaportal remains. Splashscreens download pack works now.

Last edited:

Soxbrother

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The installation of StreamedMP didn't crash, only the Basic Home Editor, when downloading the splashscreens pack.
    This is fixed with the new StreamedMPeditor.dll file

My problem is inside the configuration that it gives an error when going into "Plugins" and also the same error whenever you altered something in the configuration and click ok.

Aside from that error I have a problem inside MP when I try to open the videocodec options ( I only tried the H.264 codec settings )
    when I click on that normally there would appear another window, showing all the codecs that you can choose from.
    But it doesn't show. I'm going to test all the other settings, to see if it's only the video codec settings that fail to show or maybe it's all the settings.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Im not really sure SoxBrother, your log seems to indicate that the StreamedMPEditor DLL is not compatible with MediaPortal but it should be. I wonder if its a redherring and its complaining about something else.

Could you try temporarily removing the dll from the directory, put it in C:\Temp or something and retry to see if problem fixes itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before installing the x64, but not sure it that would make any difference! I am currently testing an improved version but at this point it is still not clear how or when a fixed x64 version will be available.
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before...
    Windows 11 23h2 1) MP 1.32 Final x64 Fresh install does not work and fails during the install "MySQL Start Service Exception". The...
    Replies
    Views
    Bit strange to have a Final Release with a specific x64 version of the Extension Manager and then have to go chasing around "somewhere else", in this case, to an old thread in the forum to be able to install an important plugin, don't you think? I don't doubt that using that source works, I'm using it successfully on another PC but...
    Bit strange to have a Final Release with a specific x64 version of the Extension Manager and then have to go chasing around...
    Using the MP 1.32 x64 Extension Manager to install Online Videos seems to procede and complete succesfully but the plugin is not...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Add version info to settings section DE
    looks good (y) I believe it can be helpful in a household with several clients und is more professional than looking into log files, which is very uncomfortable with remote.
    looks good (y) I believe it can be helpful in a household with several clients und is more professional than looking into log...
    Can you not just add an option version in the general settings, so you can see the client version and the connected server version...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom