Some recording questions (1 Viewer)

SnipesXxX

Portal Member
February 26, 2006
When you schedule something to record does it always prompt you if you want to record before it will record? I got a couple shows that come on early in the morning before I get up and I would like to record them. Another thing is sometimes recordings/My TV has slight flickering while in full screen. Am using Purevideo and my systems specs are decent(above minimal) also have a FX5200 and VMR9 enabled.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    After actually setting the recording to record, it will only ask that if you have no free tuners available (eg only 1 tuner in the system and your watching tv). I do believe it has a timeout though that will still record whether you answer or not. I havent used this function before as I dont watch TV on my MP box, so that what I said with caution and try it out yourself. If you set the recording (via EPG for example) and then leave MP in the homescreen then you wont see any messages or have to do anything.

When you say flicking do you mean tearing or actual flicking? Are you using DirectX Exclusive mode?

SnipesXxX

Portal Member
    February 26, 2006
    Yeah it could be more tearing then flickering.

"Are you using DirectX Exclusive mode?"

Not sure as I am a newb to the scene. How do I check?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    In MP configuration until General there is a thing to tick which reads Use DirectX Exclusive mode in Fullscreen. Enable that, and if it doesnt help try forcing Vsync to On in the Nvidia Drivers (Performance and Quality Settings).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom