[solved] Sorting box sets (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Guzzi ,

I am probably to dumb or just can't see it, but I am having some issues with sorting.
    • I would like to have my movies displayed in alphabetical order - no problem
    • However, the boxset contents should display by order of apperance, i.e. by year
    Is that even possible? If yes, how do I do it?
    Alternatively the "View movies" tab has a field "Formatted" under "Titles". Could this be used to achieve what I want? For example entering Harry Potter 1, Harry Potter 2, etc.?

Regards,
    HTPCSourcer

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi HTPCSourcer,
    on Views tab, set in the area "Movie Group (Hierarchy) Sort and Layout" Sort field to 'Year' and order to DESC - that should do what you want. beside that, you can use any other sort order for the default - and it can be changed from within the plugin too - I am not sure, if the herarchy/boxset sort order can be set from within the plugin.
    Using formatted title as sort field will - as you probably expected - sort by that field. While it is selected by default, it is sometimes strange, because the "visual" titles (e.g. translated title) seem to not properly sorted. Use case could be if you want to have swapped title for sort but not displayed or the other way round. ("The Matrix" vs. Matrix, The")
    You could also use it as in your example to change the sort order "manually".
    rgds, Guzzi

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you!
    I was not aware that I had to look for these functions in the "MyFilms Setup" :barefoot: That's one of the tools that one tends to use in the "fire and forget" mode only.:D

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Well, we could also consider it a bug, as changing the sorting in the respective context should change the respective (setup) setting too ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom