Stocks & Indices plugin v1.9.1 for MediaPortal (deprecated) (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Stocks & Indices plugin for MediaPortal v0.7.5 (2nd public beta)

Dear community,
after the development cycle of the 1st public beta I decide to rework core parts of this plugin to harmonize handling and readability.
As a result (and a long night), the second public beta is more stable, performant and includes the last open functionality - support of financial headlines and news. On the other hand some configuration settings and skin changes are needed. For a list of required changes please consult the included manual or adapt the skin example, which can be found in archive file below.

Changes since last official version
  • support for stock, index, portfolio and currency charts with different time ranges
  • support for country specific headlines and news including a separate headline ticker
  • context-sensitive menus

Restrictions of this version
  • no installer
  • fund charts cannot be supported yet
  • english and german language file is fully translated only
  • headline news only available for United States and Germany

As I said before, it is recommended to re-save and/or enhance your current configuration settings before testing. Due to configuration changes, the ticker options must be configure again. Please check also other parts of your configuration settings.

Feedback for this beta version is welcome, after a duration of 2 weeks I want to publish the official version. This official version will be the latest feature driven version, later versions includes country related enhancements (e.g. headlines) and bugfixes only.

catavolt: Thx a lot for your great support. Hopefully the described feature changes costs no headaches, sorry for any inconveniences and my hasty publication.

Best regards, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Stocks & Indices plugin for MediaPortal v0.7.0

:D for the new version. Works fine here, incl. news ticker and news. Why are the news descriptions cut - does not make much sense to read a kind of lead-in without possibility to read the whole news.
    New stocks.xml for PureVisionHD attached ;)

Attachments

• Stocks.xml
      46.4 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Stocks & Indices plugin for MediaPortal v0.7.5 (3rd public beta)

Hi catavolt,
    thx for your reply.

Why are the news descriptions cut - does not make much sense to read a kind of lead-in without possibility to read the whole news.

The news text comes from external Yahoo! sources, I don't manipulate anything. But I understand your expectation, so for this I'd include browser support to open the complete news text in your favorite browser. Please use the attached version and reconfigure your settings. Skin changes are not required.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Stocks & Indices plugin v0.8.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Dear community,
    the updated version v0.8.0 of this plugin is ready for downloading. Before you update this plugin, please be aware that older skin files are not compatible with this version. Please ask in the appropriate skin thread to update skin files or use the included skin file as a template.

Informations for users:
    • Support chart view for different time ranges.
    • Headline functionality added, you can open the appropriate article directly in your browser.

Informations for skinners:
    • Button ID for "Refresh" changed from 4 to 5, Button ID for "Enter Portfolio Password" changed from 3 to 4, Button ID 3 "Switch View" added, chart related finance category properties added (see chapter 5.2)
    • ListControl for Headlines added (ID 100), rename properties to support different tickers (see chapter 5.5)
    • headline related list properties added (see chapter 5.4)
    • Please consult the attached manual for more information and the included skin template.

A big thx goes to catavolt for beta testing of this plugin.

Cheers, Micropolis

webcris77

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: Stocks & Indices plugin v0.8.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Hi have problem in StreamedMP skin with 0.8 stock plugin.
    When i open the plugin from guy menu i receive #STOCKS.ACTION and i'm unable to switch or use plugin.
    This behavior in 0.7 release not happened.
    :D

webcris77

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Where i can download the previous release please?
    0.7 or 0.75
    thanks
    CF:D

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello webcris77,
    do you really need the older versions or is your skin problem solved? If you need it, I can upload this (unsupported) version in the next few days.

Cheers, Micropolis

webcris77

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Unfortunately, but I can't wait the streamedMP update.
    Friday 4 november i will present bundle Mediaportal + streamedMP skin to a group of financial people (potential investor), so the main important plugin is stock and index running.
    Eventually if the streamedMP update not released yet i can install the your old version (unsupported)
    thank you
    Webcris77

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom