Stocks & Indices plugin v1.9.1 for MediaPortal (deprecated) (2 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here it is, a plugin to display stock exchange information!

Unfortunately the plugin is deprecated, because the underlaying Yahoo API is not maintained anymore.
Highlights:
  • displays stock exchange information like stocks and indices (Provider is Yahoo! Finance)
  • display financial headline information
  • offers a lot of properties to include these informations to your own skin
Language Support:
  • english, german, dutch (thx to aal), danish (thx to langben), french (thx to Jean-Marc), polish (thx to amilewski)
Skin Support:
  • PureVision family
  • BlackGlass family
  • StreamedMP
  • Maya
Latest Changes (for a detailed version history, please consult the attached manual):
  • v1.7.0 – rework of configuration dialog, minor enhancements
  • v1.8.0 – functionality to share settings and profiles added, support for MediaPortal v1.12.0
  • v1.8.1 – complete rework of display/network routines, rework of configuration dialog, option to sort index, stocks etc. in configuration dialog added, rework of message management routines, improvements to sharing functionality, maintenance
  • v1.9.0 – support for plugin framework v1.4.0, support for MediaPortal v1.13.0
  • v1.9.1 – maintenance release, support for MediaPortal v1.14.0

GUI Screenshots.JPG

This is a stable version and was tested with Windows 7 and Windows 8 only, please report any bugs in this thread.

If you would like to show your appreciation and also help me to continue to provide free software please make a donation by clicking here. Thank you.

Last edited:

aal

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
Great initiative !!

Would it also be possible to add your own portfolio. So add the number of shares you have and the amount you bought it for to see the result?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Stocks & Indices plugin for MediaPortal

Hi aal,
the portfolio functionality will be part of the next release. I hope, that I can publish this in the next 4 weeks.
Please be patient.

Cheers Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Stocks & Indices plugin for MediaPortal v0.3.0

Great! Looking forward to that release then!

Hi aal,
a new version of this plugin was published today, now portfolio functionalities are supported.
Please send me a feedback, if required results or functions are missing. Even more ideas to manage a portfolio are welcome.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

aal

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
Hi Micropolis,

Just returned from holiday. I will try the new version in the next couple of days. Good work!

sreggy

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Italy
Hi Micropolis,

great job.

a few questions
- on my MP when I access to Stocks & Indices plugin the progress bar doesn't disapper, is it normal?
- when I start Stocks & Indices plugin for the first after a MP restart data doesn't appear automatical, i need to do a refresh, is it normal?

really thanks!!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi sreggy,
both described problems are not "normal", sorry.
To find a solution for you, it is helpful that you post more informations about your configuration (Skin, OS-, MP-Version). First: At the moment I don't know exactly, what you mean with "progressbar". Is it the wait cursor in MediaPortal? Second: Does the refresh problem only appears after a restart? Is it possible, that your router closes the connection after a x minutes idle time?

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

tomsl

Portal Member
September 2, 2009
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi Micropolis,

I like your plugin!
I have some problems in portfolio when i put more then 100 stock, (the max is 100)
and I use the plugin with blue3wide there is some problems with the skin, there is black line near the big arrows at the top of the screeen.

it's good idea this plugin!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi tomsl,
is 1000 enough ;-) ?
It is no problem to change this with the next release, also it is not so complicated to adapt the default skin to blue3wide.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom