Streaming to WDTVLive (1 Viewer)

hootie318

Portal Pro
January 14, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
When I record from my cable box, which is controlled through the colossus, there is not audio when I stream to a WDTVLive device. Does anyone have a problem with no audio when streaming to other devices. Could it be a codec problem or changing to a different audio selection?

HD Programming only.

hootie318

Portal Pro
January 14, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have noticed that some HD programming streams audio but not all. What audio type is my .ts file using? Is there a way to change what audio type my recording record in?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When I record from my cable box, which is controlled through the colossus, there is not audio when I stream to a WDTVLive device. Does anyone have a problem with no audio when streaming to other devices. Could it be a codec problem or changing to a different audio selection?

HD Programming only.
    Can your streaming mechanism and WDTVLive handle AAC and AC3/DolbyDigital 5.1 audio?

What audio type is my .ts file using?
    Depends on how you're connecting audio to your Colossus. If using S/PDIF (AKA TOSlink) or HDMI my understanding is that the audio is "passthrough"... which means it could be either AC3/DD or AAC, depending on the source (ie. the cable box); if using any other input, audio will be AAC.

Is there a way to change what audio type my recording record in?
    Not in TV Server. You'll have to look at the Colossus' configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom