Support for new DefaultWideHD (4 Viewers)

daniel_1980

Portal Pro
August 19, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I like this skin very much, but I have a few problems with it, and I hope you can help me:

1: When I hit "Edit Skin Settings" in MP configuration, MP configuration crashes

2. TV guide
2.2: When I start the TV guide, I see only a black screen
2.3: When I change the number of lines in the Skin editor from 9 to 12, it is no longer a black screen, but the basic structure of the TV guide, with the text "hier fehlt text". When I use direction keys, the TV guide appears

3. Skin editor
3.1 I can change the style to "carousel" and edit the menu structure. But when I restart MP, all changes are gone
3.2 Your skin editor does not support the "Sky Go DE" Plugin, so it can not be accessed from the basic home. Is it possible to add it? The developer of "Sky Go DE" is "Messiahs".

I guess a total reinstallation of the skin might solve most problems, but I don't know how to do it, since it can no longer be installed as a plugin. I tried a reinstallation of MP and installing your "cumulative update", but neither helped.

If there is more information needed to help me, I will provide it asap.
Thanks in advance!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have seen his issue # 2.3 on my machine as well. Only occasionally, randomly, and not repeatable when testing. The channel column usually populates, but the program fields are blank until a direction key is pressed. I have been trying to catch it for a screen grab, but no luck yet. It could be a skin engine issue and not the skin.

I have seen it in both 9 and 12 line guides.

daniel_1980

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This has nothing to do with skin itself - seems, all your problems occur due to a corrupt installation of MP (or some components of it) :eek:
    When Titan skin is selected, I have none of these issues. Would I have similar issues if it was a problem of MP itself?
    I just ask because a fresh installation of MP and all plugins and all the setup would take very long. Can perhaps more information be taken from the logfiles?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When Titan skin is selected, I have none of these issues.
    Titan don´t use the advanced functions for the inbuilt BasicHome Editor. When you say that MP "forgets" the settings you made with BasicHome Editor, then there is a problem with your MP installation.
    All settings made in BasicHome Editor are stored in SkinSettings.xml in the folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWideHD, and these information are continously updated.
    If for any reason these settings can´t be written to that file (no write access to this folder, any other program blocking write access to this folder), you´ll encounter exact the problems you described in your bug report.
    Sorry that I can´t help you further with this :cry:
    The good news: Skygo.de is nearly ready - will inform you when to download the relevant files ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New cumulative update in post #6 (with full support of Sky Go DE) attachFull175272

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-27_11-23-1.png
      upload_2016-1-27_11-23-1.png
      95 bytes

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have seen his issue # 2.3 on my machine as well. Only occasionally, randomly, and not repeatable when testing. The channel column usually populates, but the program fields are blank until a direction key is pressed. I have been trying to catch it for a screen grab, but no luck yet. It could be a skin engine issue and not the skin.

I have seen it in both 9 and 12 line guides.

I see exactly the same TV guide behaviour sometimes as well, but I don't know what triggers the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom