Support for new DefaultWideHD (2 Viewers)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hallo catavolt,
    mein kurzes Fazit nach ca. 3 Monaten auf 3 ziemlich unterschiedlichen clients - alles super (y)

bis auf eine waf-sache natürlich :D
    wenn man beim Fernsehen den Sender umschaltet hat man leider kein komplett schwarzen Bildschirm.
    bei nem kleinen Bildschirm ist es weniger schlimm aber bei 75zoll ists wie ein weißer bzw. halbtransparenter Rand.

Mir wärs ehrlich gesagt wurscht aber naja es nervt....

edit: je nach Display bzw. Schwarzdarstellung vom Panel, bei nem billig dell mit ips ists echt fast nicht sichtbar. Bei kalibrierten Grafikdisplays ala dell ultras, eizos sofort...
    - hab mal das halbschattige weiß in grün eingefärbt so sieht mans gut

Attachments

• switch rand.png
      switch rand.png
      211 KB
    • switch-rand-green.png
      switch-rand-green.png
      64 KB
    Last edited:

eb1965

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2006
    Bramsche (Osnabrueck)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wenn ich Änderungen über den BasicHomeEditor vornehme, dann sind die zwar erst auch zu sehen, nur wenn ich MP neu starte, dann sind die Änderungen wieder weg. Falsch machen kann man eigentlich kaun was.... woran könnte das liegen, dass die Änderungen nicht gespeichert werden?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    woran könnte das liegen, dass die Änderungen nicht gespeichert werden?
    Die aktuellen Skin-Einstellungen werden in der SkinSettings.xml gespeichert und werden automatisch aktualisiert.
    Habe keine Idee, warum es bei Dir nicht klappt :confused:

eb1965

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2006
    Bramsche (Osnabrueck)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Guter Tipp!!!! Die Datei war bei mir komplett ohne Inhalt... einfach leer.... Ich habe dann die "SkinSettingsSTANDARD.xml" umbenannt in "SinSettings.xml" und jetzt klappt es auch mit dem Speichern der Änderungen. Danke!!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    How Do I Exit MediaPortal?

Now I realise that no one in their right mind would ever want to leave MediaPortal and return to the Windows Desktop. But for the masochists amongst us, I wondered if there could be an easier way than is currently supported?

My production system is still MP 1.12 final, with the old "DefaultWide" skin. I am not that familiar with the details of "DefaultWideHD", so I am like a new user in this respect. So perhaps I have missed something obvious. But what occurred to me was this:

In the old "DefaultWide", the DOWN button on the "Home" panel would activate the submenus. But in "DefaultWideHD" the DOWN button seems to do nothing. So why not define it to display the "Close" dialogue? I actually tried redefining my remote control so that DOWN in the "Home" panel displayed the "Close" dialogue, but it did not work. I also tried that definition for the "Second Home" panel, but that did not work either.

Users of the Ortek/Hama remote have a dedicated "Close" button, but users of Microsoft MCE remotes do not, and so might welcome an easy way to exit MP, and DOWN on the "Home" panel would seem to qualify. What do you think?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    I'm not at home at the moment, but I think you can press left to get to the shutdown/close/restart menu on DefaultWideHD home screen. I use the home screen with the vertical menu if it matters, which ever one that is (don't know if it's ClassicHome or normal Home).

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How Do I Exit MediaPortal?

My production system is still MP 1.12 final, with the old "DefaultWide" skin. I am not that familiar with the details of "DefaultWideHD", so I am like a new user in this respect. So perhaps I have missed something obvious.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

If you go into the "Basic Home Editor" via Settings/GUI/Skin you should (once you get used to the controls, takes some playing around) be able to set up "Exit Media Portal" from the Exit section as an Icon on the main menu or underneath something else, whichever you prefer. Then all you need to do is navigate to and click on it to exit MP nicely.
    Hope that helps;)
    exit.jpg

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi CyberSimian

I can concur with joecrow that there is a workaround under 1.13 and 1.14 for exiting with a remote, rather than a mouse. The only disadvantage is that you have to back all the way back to the main menu from where you are in order to access that menu item.

Tony

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don´t forget the possibility to use the last 2 buttons in topbar (Exit and Exit with options menu), accessible from all screens ;)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I thought that was only possible when using a mouse.

Since my laptop is in a cabinet, I am using a WMC remote control to manage MP.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom