Support for new DefaultWideHD (5 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That´s correct - "Home" screen is a special case and by design don´t have a topbar
    As a remote-control user, I only ever used the "Top Bar" (with the old "DefaultWide") in order to exit MP. And even that seemed like an anachronism ("Top Bar" = mouse user). With the modified definition for the START button, I don't think that it is necessary for remote-control users to use the "Top Bar" at all. :D

Are you going to fix the problems with the focus disappearing on the "Skin Settings" panel? Having no focus is very perplexing (especially for new users), even if it is their own fault.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Where and when? Ofc I have to fix that
    Unfortunately I have had to shut down my MP 1.15 test partition and boot my MP 1.12 production partition (a recording is imminent!). (It is a definite disadvantage having multiple MP partitions on the same system. :( )

From memory, the sequence is something like this (but this may not be quite correct):

Home -> Settings -> GUI -> Skin

The panel with the focus problem is the one that has the "Basic Home Editor" (?) as a choice (I think). Repeated LEFT on that panel causes the focus to vanish. Repeated DOWN also causes the focus to vanish, but it does eventually re-appear at the top (it behaves as though there are 3 or 4 selections that are not currently visible).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Fixed the navigation issue in Skin Settings - pls try attached xml
    I installed the new file, and tried the test case. That now works correctly! (y)

However, in navigating around the "Settings" panels, I came across this one:

missing_focus.JPG

You will notice that no text has the focus, and that the button for "BasicHome Editor" appears to be turned on permanently. :eek: If I then press the OK button on the remote, I get this panel:

unexpected_menu.JPG

The state shown in the first image seems to be quite persistent; pressing the BACK button repeatedly to return to the "Home" panel, and then re-entering the "Settings" panels does not reset this state. :eek: I even tried exiting MP, and then restarting MP, and this state still wasn't reset (so presumably it is being written into a config file). :eek:

I got to this state by doing the following:

Home -> Settings -> GUI -> Skin -> BasicHome Editor -> BACK button -> Skin

Pressing the BACK button to return to the previous panel is a widespread convention within MP, so I don't think it unreasonable that users will do this when in the "BasicHome Editor" panel.

The way that I eventually found to reset this state was to press the UP button in the panel shown in the first image. That caused the focus to re-appear on the text "BasicHome Editor" and it was then possible to turn off the selection button for "BasicHome Editor". Phew! (Wipes sweat from brow.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BasicHome Editor MUST be terminated by going up to the BasicHome Editor button and pressing OK/Enter to close the BasicHome Editor correctly and store the settings correctly in the SkinSettings.xml config file.
    BTW: All that is explained in detail on the first page of this thread ;)

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I want to stay on the older Version 1.7.1 (probably I will update again in the next months) and want to try DefaultWideHD. Is it possible? Where can I get the DefaultWideHD Zip? In one of the first posts the file "cumulative...zip" does not work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom