Support for new DefaultWideHD (2 Viewers)

olli14

Portal Pro
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
@ catavolt
Yes please send me the ZIP.
I use StreamedMP. I modded it a bit to my needs especially the home Screen. I like the metallic look of StreamedMP. But a few days ago I noticed that Mediaportal was a Little bit laggy. And I read in the Forum that StreamedMP Needs much cpu power. I only have a Intel quad core CPU J1900. So I will test a Little bit with DefaultWideHD.

DunJEn

Portal Member
July 18, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Looks like for some reason the Default Wide HD skin on my mediaportal pc decided to forget all its skin settings.
I've reapplied them and made sure i exited from the basichome editor properly...everything seems fine until the either the pc shuts down and reboots or i exit from media portal.
All settings are then lost and back to default.
I applied the cumulative update and still no improvement...it's almost like the settings i configure are not persistent in the SkinSettings.xml file.
Any ideas anyone?

Running 1.14.0.final

Update....opened up SkinSettings.xml in notepad++ and well, only thing in there is "NULL" over and over...so im guessing nothing is being written properly to the file.
Tried adding my settings again this time my submenus took, but Carousel setting fails and it falls back to a default horizontal scoll.

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pls check if you have full read/write access to your skin folder as well as to the skinsettings.xmls ;)
    It may also be a broken skinsettings.xml - try to replace it with a working one ;)

DunJEn

Portal Member
    July 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Pls check if you have full read/write access to your skin folder as well as to the skinsettings.xmls ;)
    It may also be a broken skinsettings.xml - try to replace it with a working one ;)
    When i create the submenus in the BasicHome editor, these settings seem to "stick" ok.
    The menus now keep defaulting to Horizontal (Scroll) instead of Carousel.

Looking in the directory i have a SkinSettings.xml file and also a SkinSettings.xml.bak file....is it normal for this bak up file to be created?

DunJEn

Portal Member
    July 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    is it normal for this bak up file to be created?
    Yup - in case of a broken SkinSettings.xml it is replaced with the bak file ;)
    Resolved!
    Ok knowing that my SkinSettings.xml file was corrupted...i saw SkinSettingCatavolt.xml a bit further down and thought well i reckon thats the developer's test skin file....so i renamed it and voila...it now functions all ok!

Thank you so much for the quick reply and assistance.
    Keep including this file in future updates...it saved my bacon!

mike1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a question regarding Basic home editor in MP 1.15.
    I use the SkyGo plugin. It works from main menu.
    I would like to add this plugin in the editor to the main menu entry "Video". But it does not appear in the list of extensions. Where i am wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom