(teletext) Hauppauge Remote Vs. Microsoft MCE 2005 remote (1 Viewer)

Reies

Portal Member
February 3, 2005
San Joaquin Valley, California, USA
i have a quick question for anyone who can answer it, The hauppauge remote had the 4 colour buttons (teletext) on the buttom of the remote that do features like fullscreen, change aspect ratio, etc.

If i get the microsoft 2005 remote with those 4 colour button, will it do the samething? will i be able to program those features on the microsoft remote?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: (teletext) Hauppauge Remote Vs. Microsoft MCE 2005 remot

Reies said:
    If i get the microsoft 2005 remote with those 4 colour button, will it do the samething?
    Yes.

Reies said:
    will i be able to program those features on the microsoft remote?
    Not unless you use a utility like HIP. I believe that there is an item on the "MediaPortal list of things to do", to allow the MCE remote keys to be re-mapped, but it hasn't been done yet.

Aquarius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2004
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One thingi noticed was that the m$ remote preforms better than the hauppauge on media portal.

For sure is does. I also tested both . Although I'm not an intimate friend of M$, their multmedia equipment is quite good. MCE is better suited for MP than the Haupauge remote. Esp. the MCE is the only remote I found, that can wake- up the machine from hibernate. Also haptic experience is much better.

Only disadvantage I found is that it eats batteries. So you have to change to high class accumulator batteries ( and load them every week on heavy usage).

HTH
    /Gerd

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Aquarius said:
    Only disadvantage I found is that it eats batteries. So you have to change to high class accumulator batteries (and load them every week on heavy usage).
    Hmmmm - that's interesting. I have had my MCE remote for nearly 12 months, used it every day and it still has the original batteries in it.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom