TEMPer plugin (1 Viewer)

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    This plugin reads temperature from USB TEMPer device and displays it in MediaPortal.
    USB TEMPer device is USB Digital Thermometer Dongle which can be bought on many sites.
    I got mine from from dealextreme (drivers installed from CD that came with the device),
    it's only $8.76 including worldwide shipping:
    DealExtreme: $8.76 USB Digital Thermometer Dongle
    This plugin is intended for indoor usage, that's why I made temperature display range 10C to 40C, or 10F to 105F.
    The supplied software with the donge is bad, but you can use UATC by Björn Böttcher: n4rf network » Björn Böttcher UTAC

Requirements:
    - USB TEMPer (USB Digital Thermometer Dongle) device with installed drivers

Features:
    - Using TEMPer.Communication.dll found on No Feature Left behind: Taking advantage of your TEMPer 1.0 USB device
    - Reads temperature settings from weather plugin to determine usage of Celsius or Fahrenheit degrees
    - Displays temperatures in range 10C to 40C, or 10F to 105F, I think it's more than enough for indoor usage
    - Supported skins: Blue3, Blue3wide
    - Thermometer graphics made using tutorial found here: HV-Designs | Be.Creative | V.23 | Adobe Photoshop Tutorials

What can be done in future:
    - Support for more skins - help more than welcome
    - Support for more than one TEMPer device, for example indoor/outdoor temperature

Installation Instructions:
    Just use the supplied mpe1 package, download from here.

Version History
    01.11.2010. - version 1.0.2
    - repacked mpe1 package to make it smaller
    - uploaded to new downloads repository

27.06.2010. - version 1.0.1
    - made background picture
    - supported skins: Blue3, Blue3wide, Black & White 1080, Black Glass, Black Glass Nova, X-Factor
    - made new installer using MpeMaker

10.02.2009. - version 1.0 - Initial release
    - Supported skins: Blue3, Blue3wide

This is my first C# project, so maybe there's some not logical declarations or something else, sorry about that, but it however works. Source code is included in attached zip.

Thanks to Alex and his post on blog regarding TEMPer (already mentioned above):
    No Feature Left behind: Taking advantage of your TEMPer 1.0 USB device

I've attached a few screenshots to this thread so you can see how it looks, hope that it'll be useful for somebody else not just me ;)

Attachments

• TEMPer01.jpg
      TEMPer01.jpg
      57.5 KB
    • TEMPer02.jpg
      TEMPer02.jpg
      60.6 KB
    • TEMPer03.jpg
      TEMPer03.jpg
      39.6 KB
    • TEMPer04.jpg
      TEMPer04.jpg
      64.5 KB
    • TEMPer05.jpg
      TEMPer05.jpg
      135.2 KB
    • Release1_01.zip
      895 KB

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...there is also a "TEMPerHum" Device with humidity control... will you also implement this in Future?
    (kinda cool)

thx + cheers

joystick

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    No, no, no now we are going to spend money on something we do not need :D

Well done ;)

Maybe something for your todo list is a process plugin in stead pf a windows plugin (similar to rssticker) to provide the data to basichome.xml.

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    ...there is also a "TEMPerHum" Device with humidity control... will you also implement this in Future?

Unlikely, I'm not that interested in humidity readout. Besides I would have to buy it to see if it works, and I already have working temperature solution :oops:

Maybe something for your todo list is a process plugin in stead pf a windows plugin (similar to rssticker) to provide the data to basichome.xml.

Will take a look into this, but dunno if I'll know how to do it. It's my first C# code (not that it's something complicated), until now I've been coding in Delphi.

If I can make a request it wold be nice if I could use the one that supports both indoor/outdoor temp. ;)

USB Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer

As I could find information on internet, this TEMPerNTC will not work with my plugin; only TEMPer device as the one I posted link to. The temperature has to be read using some different method, I don't know the details since I don't have it. If I'll decide to buy it and to see could I implement support for it I'll let you know. Or maybe somebody else could try to do it.

BTW Found the manufacturer website of all this different TEMPer devices: pcsensor.cn

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    To the DEV of this plugin, please go to the link below and fill out the form to put this plugin in the master plugin list. I hope this takes off and becomes very useful to ALL users of MP. Just copy and paste the fileds from the first post to fill out into your post, and fill them out. then anytime there is an update to your plugin, please update that post in that topic as well.

Thanks

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/master-plugin-list-54678/

lorenzop

July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    I would gladly send someone one of these if they can help me with some code. I'm having trouble getting any code to work with this device. my project can't rely on a .net framework. I'm writing my software in visual basic 6. can anyone help me with this?

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: TEMPer plugin [v1.0.1]

Updated first post with new version.

lorenzop

July 4, 2009
    Home Country

does it work with the new usb hid version? there's a new version out that looks mostly the same but it doesn't use a virtual serial port, it uses hid drivers.

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

I have only the version with virtual serial port and can't test it, but I'm pretty sure it would not work with this new hid version.
    lorenzop do you have link for this new version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom