Ten Foot Browser and Utilities (1 Viewer)

AndyH

Portal Member
February 16, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I hope it's OK to post this here. The Ten Foot Browser and Utilities are not Media Portal plugins, but they are designed to run alongside any media centre...

I hate having to get up from my armchair to run a program on my media centre or restore a window so I can see what a program is doing! I want a web browser that I can work with just my remote. Why should I have to get up off my backside to move files and folders around and delete ones I no longer need?

What I need is a browser and a set of utilities designed to run on my TV using just my remote.

So that's what I wrote.

I hope you find them useful.

The CITA Ten Foot products consist of four modules to start with:

1. Launcher - allows you to launch any of the Ten Foot products and any other programs you want to run. This is not an Media Portal add-in. The products will work with any Media Centre - or none at all.
  2. Browser - displays web pages full screen with the ability to zoom in for detail. Designed to be operated with a standard remote, the Browser includes many features designed to minimise data entry. You even get a cursor you can work with your remote.
  3. File manager - allows you to work with files and folders. Great for organising your videos and giving your files meaningful names.
  4. Program manager - gives you options for minimising, restoring, maximising and closing windows from your armchair.
You can download them from www.SeeITA.com/TF.

Andy Henderson

pirlone

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
damn, this is looking very promising - that's for sure.
now i have something to play with tomorrow ;)

way to go!

rgs,
pirlone

pirlone

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
i started to play with it.
browser was first thing to try. whole idea behind it is great. only i wish all of this could be integrated into mp as a plugin since original webbrowser plugin is missing usability that your program have.

anyway, i get 'Unexpected Problem' error and browser closes on http://www.index.hr when I press zoom (FWD button)? Can you check this?

rgs,
pirlone

AndyH

Portal Member
February 16, 2007
Home Country
Thanks for the feedback.

The Zoom functionality requires IE7. Do you have that installed? If that's the problem, I should add some code to detect the problem and display a message like 'That function is not available'.

If you do have IE7, then it would help me to see the error log. If you recreate the problem, the error message explains where to find the log (it is normally in your 'My Documents' folder). The log gives you an Email address to send it to.

I'd really like to see the log in either case if that's not to much trouble,

Thanks,

Andy

pirlone

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
ups. i read ie7 is needed but forgot completely about that. i'll install it asap... sorry for false alarm.

rgs,
pirlone

pirlone

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
done. zoom is working fine now.
trying to integrate with mp now (calling from my programs, ...)

rgs,
pirlone

pirlone

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
i hope you didn't get me wrong: i just wanted to find a way to call this external app from within mp, and not 'integrate' the code into mp *g*
i did that using multishortcut plugin so now i have tenfootbrowser in top menu of mp. i really like how this add-on works, so much better than webbrowser plugin. has some really nifty features that much improves web browsing expirience on tv via remote control. it would be nice to have it really integrated into mp as plugin or similar.

rgs,
pirlone

AndyH

Portal Member
February 16, 2007
Home Country
And you can call up the Launcher at any time by double-pressing a hot key. The Launcher can launch any of the Ten Foot products as well as any other program you want to add.

I'm working on the next version now which will add a new utility to the suite.

More news soon.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom