The big Ziggo tuning change to 5555 (1 Viewer)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since Ziggo changed the frequencies I have issues with EPG. It doesn't grab any EPG anymore when idle. It will grab EPG when I watch TV, when I switch on EPG grabbing during timeshifting. Attached are my settings and log file.

I used the file in the first post and I used the venlo.xml posted a page back.

Hi,

I don't know or you had the CRC check enabled before, but I have it disabled because in the past it did cause also issues at my side. (Ziggo does not support CRC)

This sounds good. I will try over the weekend.

Probably the file is not good for your area, please have a look at this post.. ArChie is updating the first two posts allmost on a daily basis with actual broadcast info
    In the second post is a list of areas, if it is a link, it will led you to the list of frequencies of that area, with that info you can build your own XML tuningparameter file, which you can use to scan for channels in TV Server.

I have all my channels scanned, only epg wont load while idle, but it will during timeshifting. But I will check if the aboe solution doesn't work.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I don't know or you had the CRC check enabled before, but I have it disabled because in the past it did cause also issues at my side. (Ziggo does not support CRC)
    Doesn't make a difference.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm now checking if setting the option in power scheduler to grab epg at a certain time or date is going to make a difference.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, My area has been transferred yesterday but none of the XML posted here files work properly, also the Swiss Full scan does not work properly here (Alkmaar, Heerhugowaard) sometimes it finds TV channels. Some channels with poor quality signal and strength.

The scan for the new transport lists via Alternate scan, 474.000, 64QAM, 6875 does not bring me all the channels. Also a lot of red line No Signals. I really think this is because the NID is not used by MediaPortal, so a wrong set of TS frequencies is scanned.

To get the most important channels for me I have connected my TV directly to the cable, did a channel scan on the TV itself (Samsung smart TV), and then via Channel Info on the TV I could find the correct TS frequencies, which I used to manually scan for single transponders.. This way I got 100% signal strength on all important channels (some channels were found with 474000, 6875, 64QAM, but with very poor signal strength quality, because it used a frequency for a different region) But to do this for all 270 TV channels is an impossible job to do!.

If someone already has made an XML for my region, please be so kind to share here. I also checked Tweakers, but no update yet for my region.. I think ArChie is on a skiing holiday or something, he has not been on tweakers for the last few days, which is unususal.

@CypherMK BTW, EPG works just as normal with me, but only after I cleared all channels first before the scan for new channels ! (In TVServer setup>TV Channels> check ALL Channels> press Clear button>Confirm all channels should be deleted)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think i have made the xml file for your region (formely ziggo 8888)
    Hope it works for you too, 303 channels.

Thank you very much!

Worked fine, only frequencies 826750,, 754750 did not have a signal, all others 100%. I have a total of 238 channels now, all channels I watch are there so I am happy. btw, the xxx750 frequencies were not in the Swiss Full(6900) list.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @CypherMK

I have the same problem, EPG only loads during live TV watching. Did you solve the problem?

Grabbing of EPG seems to work now. I planned it with powersheduler, in early morning. But I didn't check my log yet if it does it every day, like configured. But I see my EPG is properly filled with with info.

I do have an issue, that when I resume my HTPC, I get a message, that the connection with the TV service is lost. Still have to find time to solve this issue.

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2007
    IJmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @CypherMK

I'm afraid nothing I've tries has helped. I tried powerscheduler to pickup the EPG, but that still results in an empty EPG.
    The only thing that works is manually switching on TV in Mediaportal, wialt 10 minutes and hey Voila! EPG = full again.

So filling EPG while TV = idle seems to be broken now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom