The blu-ray support (1 Viewer)

Doomblaster

Portal Member
August 27, 2012
Home Country
Norway Norway
Ok...so I finally bought a HTPC and installed MP. Everything working as it should (except that power off goes to sleep instead of hibernate when I have chosen hibernation). What I wonder about how the internal blu-ray support works. As far as I understand, it doesn't support encrypted BDs, so probably need to buy something like AnyDVD HD or PowerDVD. If I buy such software, will the internal player be able to use such programs to get full BD support? Including full menus, not just the simplistic ones. If not, is it possible to have any programs replacing the internal player so get support for everything? Or do I simply have to run BDs outside MP in a separate player?

Appreciate any input to get the best fluent setup here.

Edit. Just to be clear, I am using discs, not any sort of file if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Blu ray:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/0_What's_New/1.3.x/Native_Blu-ray_Support

Power button -> Sleep vs Hibernate
    96828d1284175780-power-button-start-menu-system_settings-1.jpg

96829d1284175780-power-button-start-menu-system_settings-2_uac.jpg

Doomblaster

Portal Member
    August 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've read that wiki page, but it was a bit unclear for me. Does the internal player work like a regular BR player if I buy AnyDVD HD or DVDFab, or is it still with limited menues?

As for powersettings, I am using a remote control (logitech harmony) and power scheduler. This is not a big deal though, but I've chosen hibernate both on server and client plugin. Turning off with remote to S4 worked before I enabled powerscheduler, so bit unsure what happened.

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've read that wiki page, but it was a bit unclear for me. Does the internal player work like a regular BR player if I buy AnyDVD HD or DVDFab, or is it still with limited menues?

BD-J menu is not supported yet. So all BD's which are BD-J won't show a menu. But you can also use PowerDVD or TMT5 as external player to play your Blu-ray Discs if you want to.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You will need an on-the-fly decrypting program like AnyDVD HD to play original blu-ray discs in MP. Its working and legal. The reason for this is that MS Windows doesnt have a blu-ray playing licence (which would crazily increase the cost of buying just Windows itself). The "real" blu ray player programs are things like PowerDVD (which has paid the licencing fees to the proper organisations). The benefit of playing a blu-ray inside MP is obvious..and AWESOME.

Long story short... get AnyDVD HD.

Doomblaster

Portal Member
    August 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Downloaded the trial for AnyDVD HD and it seems to do the trick. I can at least play all discs in the internal player even if I don't get a menu on all of them. Long term project would probably be ripping all BDs to NAS (which I think can be done with AnyDVD HD) and stream them from there.

Seems I got hibernation to work properly now as well, however when I use remote control to turn off my system, it seems that Powerscheduler isn't preventing shutdown if it's recording. Am I missing a setting, or is it simply not possible to prevent shutdown when using remote control?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes the power button should set to away mode during active recording, then sleep when finished

Last edited:

Doomblaster

Portal Member
    August 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    So if I understand correctly from reading this http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?title=1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/3_Plugins/TV-Server_Plugins/PowerScheduler++/How_It_Works, I can't actually set powerbuttons to hibernation, I need to set those to sleep. I can then possibly set Powerscheduler to hibernate after being idle for lets say 10 minutes to "shutdown". Is this correct?

Edit. That would actually cause hibernation to only work when I shutdown computer while recording isn't it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom