The Video OSD is always double first time I press Info on my remote (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is going back a few versions of StreamedMP, but I've just forgotten to report it. When I playback a video in MP TV-Series, Moving Pictures, MyVideos or OnlineVideos and press the Info button on my remote, the OSD is shown twice on top of itself. When i click Back or Clear on my remote to hide it, then bring it up again, it's shown as it should be.

Attached screens should show you what I mean better than the above explanation. This doesn't happen in other skins, or other skins are able to hide this, if it's a bug in the skin engine or something like that.

Emph

Attachments

• 17-57-45.png
      17-57-45.png
      1.1 MB
    • 17-57-54.png
      17-57-54.png
      1.5 MB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's very odd, can't say I have seen anything like that happen.

From the looks of those screenshots it's only the time labels beneath the progress bar which makes it obvious that there are two OSD's? Would that be a correct assumption? If so I can look where in the skin where those labels are used and make the offsets exactly the same (they should be anyway for consistency), at least that would eliminate the visible problem for you but the underlying issue of two OSD's would still be there.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yeah, it's like two misaligned ones. I have to adjust for overscan on my TV (the gfx card does this), so I'm thinking it's a bug in MediaPortal that doesn't scale all visual elements equally.

Another thing I just saw is that if I move the info panel in the screen calibration up or down, the Playing button doesn't move with it, nor does the Date. Well, it does when you're looking at it in that screen, but switching to fullscreen video and clicking Info tells a different story.

Emph

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, it's like two misaligned ones. I have to adjust for overscan on my TV (the gfx card does this), so I'm thinking it's a bug in MediaPortal that doesn't scale all visual elements equally.

I also have to use overscan to adjust (AMD grafics), but I don't have ever seen something similar to your screen shots.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I had a look through the XMLs and could not find another reference to #currentplaytime which would come from anything that the VideoOSD would load. We do reference it in other XMLs but nothing that would produce the result you see.

Have you tried uninstalling the skin, delete the skin folder if it still exists and then re-install? Maybe there was some custom files in your directory. Other than that I have no clue how you can see double.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Have you tried uninstalling the skin, delete the skin folder if it still exists and then re-install? Maybe there was some custom files in your directory. Other than that I have no clue how you can see double.

I will try this and report back.
    Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Did a complete removal (except my Basic Home settings) then re-installed. The issue persists. Attached is my screen calibration settings if that's affecting things.

Emph

Attachments

• ScreenCalibration1920x1080.fs.xml
      569 bytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom