Theme: BasicHome goes Classic with Backdrops | NEW: Editor available (1 Viewer)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Ehm...one question (sorry to decrease the level of the thread... ;)): After having extracted the .zip file, what Am I supposed to do? Just copy all the files in the Titan skin folder overwriting the existing ones?

Thanks a lot for your help!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ehm...one question (sorry to decrease the level of the thread... ;)): After having extracted the .zip file, what Am I supposed to do? Just copy all the files in the Titan skin folder overwriting the existing ones?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Put the contents in Skin\TITAN\Themes\Basichome Goes Classic (or whatever name you like to use).

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would it be possible to release a specific version of this theme for Titanius using the bigger Now Playing overlay on Basic Home + the extended shutdown menu, please? :)

Edit: Getting the extended exit menu was easy, I just deleted the BasicHome.exitmenu.skinupdate.xml and BasicHome.exitmenu.xml from the theme's folder.

Edit2: Getting the bigger Now Playing window wasn't too hard either. I just changed the include line at the end of BasicHome.xml from

Code:
    <include>common.overlay.xml</include>
    to
    Code:
    <include>common.overlay.basichome.xml</include>

Emph

Attachments

• 14-24-09.png
      14-24-09.png
      1.5 MB
    Last edited:

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Getting the extended exit menu was easy, I just deleted the BasicHome.exitmenu.skinupdate.xml and BasicHome.exitmenu.xml from the theme's folder.
    Then you'll probably have navigation issues when you try to leave the exit menu. Can be resolved by copying the two exitmenu xml to themes folder and change all <onup> and <ondown> to
    Code:
    <onup>1903</onup>
    <ondown>1903</ondown>

Getting the bigger Now Playing window wasn't too hard either. I just changed the include line at the end of BasicHome.xml from...
    Should be no problem at all :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Then you'll probably have navigation issues when you try to leave the exit menu. Can be resolved by copying the two exitmenu xml to themes folder and change all <onup> and <ondown> to
    Code:
    <onup>1903</onup>
    <ondown>1903</ondown>

I did have an issue, yes. I was a bit too quick. Is there a way of navigating up to the Now Playing window's Fullscreen and Play/Pause controls too?

Edit: There are three exitmenu xmls, which ones do I need to edit?

Edit2: Attached the edited xml files for anyone wanting to use them.

Emph

Attachments

• BasicHome.exitmenu.page2.xml
      6.6 KB
    • BasicHome.exitmenu.xml
      6.6 KB
    Last edited:

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a way of navigating up to the Now Playing window's Fullscreen and Play/Pause controls too?
    Hi, I had a look a on it and I'm sorry to say that this is rather complicated (for my limited skills). It's no big problem to keep the menu and backgrounds visible while the focus is on Now Playings controls, but I can't manage the navigation from the main menu or submenu to the controls.
    Right now I use this for <onup> from the main menu:
    Code:
    <define evaluateNow="true">#menu0.onup:#(iif(#submenu0.label1.hastext, 10001, 1900))</define>
    And now this would need to be something like this:
    Code:
    <define evaluateNow="true">#menu0.onup:#(iif(#submenu0.label1.hastext, 10001, #(iif(#control.IsVisible(222), 222, 1900))))</define>
    because the skin engine has to decide what to do when user navigates up: show submenu if available, focus on Now Playing controls if available or do nothing at all. But my quick try with a nested "iif" won't work and I have no idea how to do this an easy way...

Bogomil

Portal Member
    November 10, 2011
    Hi,

I have an issue with the Series overview on the homescreen. My recently added series are not displayed on the right side. I see 3 empty places and onlye "SE" as label. For moving pictures, recently added movies are shon correctly with covers and names.

The next issue is that when I enter the series/movies overview, where the backgrounds for the selected movie/series is shown, the pictures show the original titan background, so it seems that the series/movie pictures is transparent.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom