Theme: BasicHome goes Classic with Backdrops | NEW: Editor available (1 Viewer)

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have an issue with the Series overview on the homescreen. My recently added series are not displayed on the right side. I see 3 empty places and onlye "SE" as label. For moving pictures, recently added movies are shon correctly with covers and names.
    This information comes from the LatestMediaHandler, which seems to work in general as latest movies are shown. To be honest I have no idea why this wouldn't work with latest episodes. I think I have seen this sometime ago myself, but if I remember right it was resolved sometime later without doing me anything. Eventually you should test with another skin/theme to check if this is skin related. (edit: maybe related to this thread?)

The next issue is that when I enter the series/movies overview, where the backgrounds for the selected movie/series is shown, the pictures show the original titan background, so it seems that the series/movie pictures is transparent.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Are you still in the main menu or in the Series/MoPic plugin? Backgrounds are handled by FanArtHandler, does it work anywhere else for you? You can send me your BasicHome.CONFIG.xml and I will have a look when I find some time.

Greets

Last edited:

alex0511

Portal Member
    December 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everyone!

is someone still using this great tool with MP 1.7/1.8?
    I´ve problems with the Clickfinder ProgramGuide Plugin-Overlay. Is it compatible to CPG/TV-Movie Import ++ version 1.6.4? - Could Fix it

On the other side, i´m not able to link to a specific page of OnlineVideos by using the parameter.

Thanks for somebodys help!
    Best regards!

Last edited:

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is someone still using this great tool with MP 1.7/1.8?
    I do and works fine with 1.8 here

I´ve problems with the Clickfinder ProgramGuide Plugin-Overlay. Is it compatible to CPG/TV-Movie Import ++ version 1.6.4? - Could Fix it
    I'm using 1.6.4 and it is working most of the time. Sometimes the Clickfinder Overlay is not shown. A reboot later everything is back to normal. I don't know why and have never investigated it further, always thought it is more a problem of clickfinder than of my theme.
    If the overlay is constantly not shown please check if it is shown with another skin first.

On the other side, i´m not able to link to a specific page of OnlineVideos by using the parameter.
    Yes, shame on me. This never worked well because of:
    yes, the hyperlink parameters are not very useful in the moment and I have to admit I don't really use them.
    The skin engine does not allow to pass a special character like ':' in a variable/property. And to my knowledge there is no escape character to mask those special characters. Currently there is no other way then editing the BasicHome.xml
    I had it explained once in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/loadparameter-problems.115627/page-2#post-954854
    If you need help just ask...
    As quoted: just ask if you need any help.

Greets!

alex0511

Portal Member
    December 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using 1.6.4 and it is working most of the time
    Now it´s working for me too, but it shows no series.

Yes, shame on me. This never worked well because of:
    Ok, then i have to edit the BasicHome.xml :)

I want to add three submenus for one Label. For example one Link on Label 3:

"
    <define property="true">#submenu2.label1.hastext:True</define>
    <define property="true">#submenu2.label1:DVDKritik</define>
    <define>#submenu2.hyperlink1:87258</define>
    <define>#submenu2.hyperlinkparameter1:site:DVDKritik|return:Locked</define>
    "
    In \backdropped\BasicHome.xml is the Submenu for label 3 "label2_1"? i´m not sure, where i have to add for example the hyperlink."site:DVDKritik|return:Locked"

Thanks in advance!

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, then i have to edit the BasicHome.xml :)
    Again my fault :oops: I forgot about the complete restructure I did with one of the last versions. You will only have to edit one line in BasicHome.submenus.xml
    In your case change (somewhere around line 550):
    XML:
    <description>SUB ITEM 0</description>
            <type>button</type>
            <id>30001</id>
            <label>#submenu2.label1</label>
            <width>300</width>
            <hyperlink>#submenu2.hyperlink1</hyperlink>
            <hyperlinkParameter>#submenu2.hyperlinkparameter1</hyperlinkParameter>
    to:
    XML:
    <description>SUB ITEM 0</description>
            <type>button</type>
            <id>30001</id>
            <label>#submenu2.label1</label>
            <width>300</width>
            <hyperlinkParameter>site:DVDKritik|return:Locked</hyperlinkParameter>

This should do the trick.
    Regarding no series showing up in Clickfinder: I still believe it is more a problem of Clickfinder than the skin. I experienced the same things and never worked it out. In most case it just worked the other day. Don't know what is happening there.

alex0511

Portal Member
    December 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great it works! Thanks :)
    I also had to change it to "<hyperlink>4755</hyperlink>" to refer to OnlineVideos-Plugin.

Maybe it would be possible to use 5 movies instead of 3 series. I will try it ;)

Edit 17.07.2014:

I still believe it is more a problem of Clickfinder than the skin
    Unfortunately it is not working for me, too. I just edit the overlays for my own. But i have still some issues.

tvseries_overlay_1.jpg

The TvSeries overlay doesn´t show the percentage of ratings. Curiously it doesnt show it in the default "Extended Two Style" neither.

Has someone the same issues dealing with the overlay of TVSeries?
    Best regards!

Attachments

• CPG_1.jpg
      CPG_1.jpg
      172.2 KB
    • mov_overlay_1.jpg
      mov_overlay_1.jpg
      220.1 KB
    Last edited:

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TvSeries overlay doesn't show the percentage of ratings. Curiously it doesn't show it in the default "Extended Two Style" neither.
    Strange, especially because the correct numbers are shown. I can a have a look at your files sometime, but as you managed it with the other overlays I wouldn't suspect a user error...

alex0511

Portal Member
    December 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your quick reply!
    I can a have a look at your files sometime, but as you managed it with the other overlays I wouldn't suspect a user error

Maybe it´s a user error, i only moved the items and edit parameters. But because of the right rating shown as a number, its strange.

I suppose it has something to do with this line:

<subitems>
    <subitem>starg.png</subitem>
    <subitem>starw.png</subitem>
    </subitems>

He will not load the first item. It doesnt matter if i change it to an other item.

Attachments

• Titan.rar
      13 KB

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

LMH returns the wrong number format for the series rating, e.g. 7.6 instead of 7,6
    That's why it is not working.

Use following expression:
    XML:
    <percentage>#(div(cflt(#latestMediaHandler.tvseries.latest1.rating),10))</percentage>
    It converts the rating to float and divides by 10 (skin expressions)

Greets

alex0511

Portal Member
    December 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great!!! Thank you! I was wondering about the point insteadt of comma. But could never solve it! :):):)

(Maybe, if someone interested in the overlays:
    # CPG overlay: Only useful when series info doesnt work.
    Series info is not shown, so i only moved the cover and text of TV-Movies.
    I can´t delete the series parameter, because then this overlay is not working anymore.)

Edit:
    i´m clueless about an new issue, i didnt change anything. The CPG-Overlay works all the time but suddenly, (even with your default CPG overlay):
    [2014-07-18 00:46:07,051] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - [BasicHomeOverlay] [ClickfinderProgramGuideOverlayMovies]: exception err:Offset und Länge für das Array liegen außerhalb des gültigen Bereichs, oder die Anzahl ist größer als die Anzahl der Elemente vom Index bis zum Ende der Quellauflistung. stack: bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
    bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1.GetRange(Int32 index, Int32 count)
    bei ClickfinderProgramGuide.ClickfinderProgramGuide.StartGuiWindow.ClickfinderProgramGuideOverlayMovies()
    Its a love-hate relationship with MP o_O;)

Edit2:

I was wondering about the fact, that suddenly even with default overlay it doesnt show neither die cpg nor the tv overlays. I looked for the log and noticed that since 00:03 the error appears.
    I have checked what will happen, if i change the date of my HTPC. -> The overlays appear again:)

In consideration of the error log, maybe a title has to many letters?

@Zoidberg77 Do you have an issue with your overlay today?

Best regards!

Attachments

• tvseries_overlay_1.jpg
      tvseries_overlay_1.jpg
      143.7 KB
    • CPG_1.jpg
      CPG_1.jpg
      171.1 KB
    • mov_overlay_1.jpg
      mov_overlay_1.jpg
      217.3 KB
    • overlay.rar