[THEME] Online Xtra for Titan (1 Viewer)

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    onx-logo.png

Online Xtra
    • Want to find out more about the movie your watching?
    • Who are the actors? Is it on at my local cinema?
    • Is that show/movie on TV any good? Any extra fan clips on YouTube?
    • Check what your favourite band is up to? Any new albums?
    Online Xtra allows you to do context based online lookups for the media your currently viewing / browsing.

Do a Google search. Check it out on Wikipedia. Watch on YouTube.

Current support for:

TV, MovingPictures, TvSeries, Music, Trakt, Emulators, OnlineVideos, Weather, TvWishList, Extensions.

This uses the BrowseTheWeb plugin for web searches and OnlineVideos for YouTube searches.

Support for TvWishList allows the user to create a 'wish' (record an item if it's shown on tv) from TV, TvSeries and Trakt.

Installation:

Copy the folder in zip to Themes folder within the Titan skin folder in MediaPortal.
    ---> C:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/skin/Titan/Themes

It will be added to the Themes available within the skin. If you want this to be available within another theme copy/paste the files into the shared theme or alternately copy the files to the main skin folder.

Clear the skin cache (delete the files in the folder)
    ---> C:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Cache

Settings:

Online Xtra will work as is and has automatic support for many languages and will use the appropriate google/wiki site. You can customise this by editing onX.presets.xml in any text editor (instructions at the top of the file).

I recommend editing the file and adding your town and country to the location setting. This will give you cinema listings and find the closest cinema showing to where you live. Check the file for details.

How To Use:

Select an item and press the info button. This will open the regular context menu. If Online Xtra is available you will see an "onX" icon, press LEFT / RIGHT on the controller to access the onX menu.

Note: On first use (eg Press INFO in TV Guide) there will be no onX tag visible, during this initial pass it sets up some internal data, press the INFO button again and the onX tag will be visible. This is only done once.

Tips:

I recommend using a custom HOSTS file. This will act like adblock and also block some nasty sites. More info and HOSTS file here: Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File

Attachments

• onX-Titan-1.png
      onX-Titan-1.png
      752.6 KB
    • onX-Titan-2.png
      onX-Titan-2.png
      827.5 KB
    • onX-Titan-3.png
      onX-Titan-3.png
      1.3 MB
    • onX-Titan-4.png
      onX-Titan-4.png
      1.1 MB
    • Online Xtra - v1.0 [Titan].zip
      1.2 MB
    Last edited:

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Cheers, there is scope for hooking up and integrating other plugins via the menu without much fuss. The menu is built dynamically and has the potential to be customised by the user via a settings screen.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pog, this is fantastic! The only issue i have is that i cannot opererate it with the mouse. I can reach the dialog menu with your buttons, but if i try to move the mouse down, the buttons are disappearing. I am using a blutooth mouse for controlling my HTPC.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Yeah mouse can be a bit awkward and there is limited ways of working around problems and dialog menus are even more limited in what they can do.

Currently if you mouse over the icon area they will appear and you can select an icon with the mouse, and if you go to the side the main dialog list will appear and that becomes selectable with the mouse.

I'll see if there is a more elegent way of handling the mouse but options are quite limited.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pog, do not spend a lot of effort if there are no other requests. I think this may be a general issue with titan and that's why I am not using it a lot.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    @huha can you try this fix and let me know if this works better for you?

Keys work as normal but if you use the mouse and roll over the onX incon it will show the onX menu.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pog,
    everything is working now, thanks! Need to look in more details how you made this. This is a great extension!

conguero23

Portal Member
    December 9, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I love this mod. The only issue I find that if you are using it while in full screen mode watching a video you can only access it once. If you hit the info a button a second time the logo does not appear and you have to stop the video and then play again in order to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom