Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    onx-logo.png

Online Xtra
    • Want to find out more about the movie your watching?
    • Who are the actors? Is it on at my local cinema?
    • Is that show/movie on TV any good? Any extra fan clips on YouTube?
    • Check what your favourite band is up to? Any new albums?
    Online Xtra allows you to do context based online lookups for the media your currently viewing / browsing.​
    Do a Google search. Check it out on Wikipedia. Watch on YouTube.​
    Current support for:
    TV, MovingPictures, TvSeries, Music, Trakt, Emulators, OnlineVideos, Weather, TvWishList, Extensions.​
    This uses the BrowseTheWeb plugin for web searches and OnlineVideos for YouTube searches.​
    Support for TvWishList allows the user to create a 'wish' (record an item if it's shown on tv) from TV, TvSeries and Trakt.
    Installation:
    Copy the folder in zip to Themes folder within the StreamedMP skin folder in MediaPortal.​
    ---> C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Themes
    It will be added to the Themes available within the skin. If you want this to be available within another theme copy/paste the files into the shared theme or alternately copy the files to the main skin folder.​
    Clear the skin cache (delete the files in the folder)​
    ---> C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache
    Settings:
    Online Xtra will work as is and has automatic support for many languages and will use the appropriate google/wiki site. You can customise this by editing onX.presets.xml in any text editor (instructions at the top of the file).​
    I recommend editing the file and adding your town and country to the location setting. This will give you cinema listings and find the closest cinema showing to where you live. Check the file for details.​
    How To Use:
    Select an item and press the info button. This will open the regular context menu. If Online Xtra is available you will see an "onX" icon, press LEFT / RIGHT on the controller to access the onX menu.​
    Note: On first use (eg Press INFO in TV Guide) there will be no onX tag visible, during this initial pass it sets up some internal data, press the INFO button again and the onX tag will be visible. This is only done once.​
    Tips:
    I recommend using a custom HOSTS file. This will act like adblock and also block some nasty sites. More info and HOSTS file here: Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File

Attachments

• onX-SMP-1.png
      onX-SMP-1.png
      429.5 KB
    • onX-SMP-2.png
      onX-SMP-2.png
      266.5 KB
    • onX-SMP-3.png
      onX-SMP-3.png
      661.5 KB
    • onX-SMP-4.png
      onX-SMP-4.png
      502.6 KB
    • Online Xtra - v1.0 [StreamedMP].zip
      1.2 MB
    Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice Pog! Similar to the online lookup mod right? Would be nice to see this for Titan aswell!

Cheers

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Complete rewrite from the ground up of online lookup, uses icons and a dynamic menu system and is language aware. Lots of little features for the user to discover.

You can customise it adding sites and buttons easy enough by editing the presets file, follow the instructions/examples.

And it's been designed to slip into any skin with the very few changes. So Titan within a day or two.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh it looks mega awesom !!! A big thanks your your rewrite of your online lookup that i use. Very Nice !!
    Is your DialogMenu Based on the latest streamedmp Skin 2.1 ?

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello pog.

Maybe there is an bug when i look at epg and click the info button on an series for example i choose tvwish in your xtra online menu and make an wish.but in this way i think your tool ads an space at firat of the title bevor the name of the title begins. So i have to delet the space that the wish can work. When you need something let me know this.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Yeah there is a problem with the name being offset by a 'space'.

It's been a while since onX has been updated. I will do that soon as there are a few other bugs that have been fixed too.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok perfect for now i know the issue and can delet the space after create an wish. And i know where the issue from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom