1.4.x Themes: BasicHome, Clear Art's support for Titan, Weather icon on screen, bugfixes and more. (6 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice look! :)

After having worked for quite a long time with Titanius, I am now turning to your modified Titan theme because powermarcel10 has unfortunately only limited time and support in the last months has been weak.

I now wanted to use your BasicHomeEditor to adjust the tiles. In my setup skinfiles are also stored centrally on the server. When I now run the BasicHomeEditor from ...\ajs Theme\BasicHome.Editor I am getting an empty screen:

BasicHome.JPG

The path information for the centralized skin, databse, etc location is stored in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Team MediaPortal\mediaportaldirs.xml. Ideally your editor would do a lookup in the respective location and if the file exists, pull the path info from there. Alternatively, is there a way to trick the editor so that it reads data from the server path?

Regards,
    HTPCSourcer[DOUBLEPOST=1448904949][/DOUBLEPOST]Ah, stupid me! You set the path on the "Main" tab...

So for perfection this could be automated. But don't bother, not many people will use central locations and now that I know, I am absolutely okl

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    So for perfection this could be automated. But don't bother, not many people will use central locations and now that I know, I am absolutely okl
    This is an alpha version, I think it is like to expand, to be able to change themes that require the replacement of flowers in XML, not only the substitution of images. Those. it still works, just to work. But I am at the moment it is completely satisfied. Moreover, the editor can be any thing that he could edit my template file.
    If that is not the case, say, try to correct, add. But this theme, I have a major until one error in it I did not find. Although I use daily for 3 computers.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    After having worked for quite a long time with Titanius, I am now turning to your modified Titan theme because powermarcel10 has unfortunately only limited time and support in the last months has been weak.
    I've tried it, but as for me, it is overloaded with all sorts of effects. But if there is something interesting, I can try to transfer it to his theme.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some more questions:
    • The editor allows some customization but has limited choices in terms of moving content from page 1 to page 2 and vice versa.
      • For example there is no way to have WorldWeather showing on page 1. And on page 2 it is bound to the upper middle tile.
      • Any plans to make this fully customizable.
    • When making changes, the OK button stays greyed out - I can't save :cry:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    For example there is no way to have WorldWeather showing on page 1
    Position on first page?
    And on page 2 it is bound to the upper middle tile.
    Position on second page?
    The editor allows some customization but has limited choices in terms of moving content from page 1 to page 2 and vice versa.
    It depends on the set of buttons that are located along the path of "Titan\Themes\ajs Theme\BasicHome.Buttons\..."
    When making changes, the OK button stays greyed out - I can't save
    Hmmm, plz screenshot Main tab and Basic Home tab ...
    It is not pressed if the editor has not found 3 File: MP Config file, Titan config file, and template file (checkboxes on screenshot)...
    upload_2015-11-30_20-14-15.png

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @HTPCSourcer
    If path in editor - M:\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\
    then:
    MP Config file - M:\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml
    Titan config file - M:\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\SkinSettings.xml
    template file - M:\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\Themes\ajs Theme\BasicHome.Blank.xml

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP Config file - M:\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml
    Ah, here is the trouble: the config file is obviously not centralized but specific to each client and stored locally. However, your editor is expecting them in the same path.

In order to use this in connection with mediaportaldirs.xml you would need to modify your code so that
    • it checks for the existence of C:\Users\Username\Documents\Team MediaPortal\mediaportaldirs.xml
    • reads the path information from there
    Without this I will not be able to use the editor, and without the editor I can't use your theme, at least not easily. I would then need to have the skin installed locally, make the modifcations locally and then copy to the central location.

Would you consider modifying your code?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Would you consider modifying your code?
    I will change while you can simply copy, where the editor is looking for an empty file with the correct name, it will suit him at 100%. :cool:
    Then you can remove it. :whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom