Titan - Extended (4 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Users should also double check that the setting 'Only Compatible' is enabled in the MediaPortal Extensions Manager (why this is even configurable, I have no idea).

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ... am I correct in reading that this update now adds the functionality to modify the tiles in both Classic and Basic home from within the editor now? or am I getting excited for nothing lol.
    Nope, you read correct. There are 2 Extended themes now ;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    MPEI shows Titan Extended 1.6 as compatible for MP 1.4.0 and also probably for MP 1.5.0.

If MP Extended 1.6 is only compatible with MP 1.6 then something is wrong.

Hi,
    I think deploy tool need an update too (TitanExtensionInstall.cs), actually for 1.6.0, it get TitanExtended14.mpe1.
    But like for 1.6.0 all was rebuild against NET4.0
    We need to fix this :)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,
    I think deploy tool need an update too (TitanExtensionInstall.cs), actually for 1.6.0, it get TitanExtended14.mpe1.
    But like for 1.6.0 all was rebuild against NET4.0
    We need to fix this :)

Installation / DeployTool is different story, I'm only talking how MPEI shows Titan Extended 1.6 as compatible for MP 1.4.0 and 1.5.0 (which it might be not)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

there is a minor mistake in the basicHome.submenus.xml. The string for "All Movies" is hardcoded, therefore it will be displayed regardless of any localization.

<description>All Movies</description>
    < type>button</type>
    < id>1101</id>
    < width>500</width>
    < height>40</height>
    < textureFocus>-</textureFocus>
    < textureNoFocus>-</textureNoFocus>
    < hyperlink>96742</hyperlink>
    < hyperlinkParameter>categoryname:${AllMovies}</hyperlinkParameter>
    <label>All Movies</label>
    < font>font12</font>

Would it be possible to replace this with the respective string ID in one of the next editions?

Thanks,
    HTPC_Sourcer

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Ran the editor and now I have this when starting MePo..?

View attachment 141897

moving off to the left I get this..

View attachment 141898

Am I doing something stupid? I'm still using MePo 1.5 btw but extensions installer showed an update for Extended so I just let it update. Was fine until I opened the editor, didn't really see what was changed or what the update has added, so just closed the editor and fired MePo back up. Now I have this issue.

Thanks

Edit: Rolled back extended to the previous release and everything is ok again. Is this new version dependant on MePo 1.6 because the extension installer allowed it to update without complaining on 1.5.
    BTW, these attached printscreens I'm getting every time on my system if I changed the skin in the GUI settings to titan extended and then return to the basic home. Workaround is then only a restart of mediaportal. This phenomenon I'm getting since 1.5.0 (sure) or earlier.. In my opinion as a user, this has nothing to do with the Mediaportal version.

No idea whether this is known behavior.

AndrePrins

Portal Member
    February 21, 2012
    Almere-Stad, Flevoland, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I updated MP from 1.5 final to 1.6 final this morning and in the upgrade screen it showed that LAV filters (different topic) but also Titan was not installed and needed to be installed. Strange thing is that I installed 1.5 final on a fresh install with LAV and Titan installed. I let it finish and when I started MP I was back to the Basic screen (2 rows). I went to settings, had to change everything back, including that I'm using MoviePictures instead of MyVideos etc. Also all the settings I made in Titan Editor were gone. I guess it totally uninstalled the old version including all settings and installed a new one? I guess that's not what you want with an upgrade, right?

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I guess it totally uninstalled the old version including all settings and installed a new one? I guess that's not what you want with an upgrade, right?
    There are 2 different places were Titan stores settings.
    Basis skin settings are stored in the Titan.xml file which you can find in your program data folder (together with all the other settings)
    A 2nd file is used (SkinSettings.xml) which you can find in the root Titan folder (program data) which stores settings like # of rows in EPG, MovPic & TV Series layouts, etc. Easiest solution is to keep a copy of that file and simply replace it after an update.

It would be nice if these SkinSettings could somehow also be saved/restored on an upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom