Titan - Extended (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would be nice if these skin settings could somehow also be saved/restored on an upgrade.
    Generally speaking the Titan Skin management processes might be verified. The split beetween Titan, which is coming with MP (and still is not fully OK as it is losing settings when updating) and Titan Extended is annoying. The latter claims to be prepared for a large number of popular plugins, yet few of those plugins will run directly but require manual copying of various skin files to different folders of the local MediaPortal installation. Guess what happens at the next MePo update.

It has become extremely difficult to keep track of the details. As much as I liked Titan when it came out, I am now thinking about using some other full package skin, e.g. StreamedMP, where this aspect is taken care of by the skinner.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The split beetween Titan, which is coming with MP (and still is not fully OK as it is losing settings when updating) and Titan Extended is annoying.
    I agree on that.
    But if you make a backup of your SkinSettings.xml for now, it takes 10 seconds to fix this. ;)

The latter claims to be prepared for a large number of popular plugins, yet few of those plugins will run directly but require manual copying of various skin files to different folders of the local MediaPortal installation. Guess what happens at the next MePo update.
    What plugins are you talking about then? I'm running Titan Extended and all supported plugins have working skin files. The only skin files i need to copy are those that are adjusted to my needs, and those are all in 1 zipfile, so an easy extract fixes that.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But if you make a backup of your SkinSettings.xml for now, it takes 10 seconds to fix this. ;)
    Until now I had no idea where the Settings are stored.

What plugins are you talking about then?
    For example Weather Lite where I want the the local condition to be displayed on the homescreen next to the time. Requires modiifying commontime.xml

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For example Weather Lite where I want the the local condition to be displayed on the homescreen next to the time. Requires modiifying commontime.xml
    Yeah, but those are mods also. If you make changes, those aren't saved unless you save the XMLs. We can't scan every XML for changes on updates ;) so those are reverted to the default files.

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi,

the MPEI dependency issue is fixed. MP 1.4/1.5 users should see Titan Extended 1.6 as incompatible now.

How exactly did you make this fix?
    I want to make the same limitation in MyLyrics.
    I want to add the new version to be compatible by MPEI only to MP 1.6

Thanks!

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Thanks!
    Why do all want to make plugins compatible only with 1.6.0?

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks!
    Why do all want to make plugins compatible only with 1.6.0?

I assumed once I change my project to be built for .NET 4.0 it will no longer work for 3.5.
    I already published an MPEI installation for 1.6 PRE/FINAL in the forum, but I want to avoid people downloading it if they still use MP 1.5.

I guess it's the same reason Titan 1.6 should not be downloaded by MP 1.5 users

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry if I overread it, but is it possible to use lastedmediahandler on homescreen with extented one layout?
    I have enabled it in the config, but it ain't working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom