1.4.x Titan - Pulse8 Theme (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any idea why disabling Backdrop animation doesn't seem to save? I assume it isn't writing to an xml somewhere, don't suppose anyone has an idea how I manually change the setting?

Thanks!

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Dumb, but hopefully easy question. I'm using the Pulse 8 aqua theme. I never use the TV Shows or Trakt buttons. Is there an easy way to remove these? I don't use either plugin (to my knowledge). And to add to that, is there an easy way to replace the TV Shows Icon (bottom-right on home screen) with the Weather Icon which currently is on the bottom-right of my second screen?

Thanks!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dumb, but hopefully easy question. I'm using the Pulse 8 aqua theme. I never use the TV Shows or Trakt buttons. Is there an easy way to remove these? I don't use either plugin (to my knowledge). And to add to that, is there an easy way to replace the TV Shows Icon (bottom-right on home screen) with the Weather Icon which currently is on the bottom-right of my second screen?
    If you disable Trakt in the MePo config, it will no longer show up but be replaced by Weather. That's at least what happens on my System. regarding TV try to disable TV in the MePo config and see what happens.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @GaryMartynUK : the menu button topic is always interesting.

1. Menu buttons in Basic Home windows #1 and #2
    The buttons seem to be partially hardcoded, partially not. As just explained, deactivating Trakt in the plugin section leads to it being replaced by Weather. What is the logic behind and can a given plugin be assigned to a fixed positon on window #1.
    In Window #2 the right line is showing Tetris and Sudoku. Tetris is not functioning and I am personally not keen on playing Sudoku on a 50" plasma screen.:D. How can these be removed, and how can I replace empty buttons with adjusted Titan plugin supplements?

2. TV submenu
    The submenu for TV is always opening with the third option "Recordings" being activated. I am not (yet?) a Skin expert, yet I assume that this can be set somewhere, correct? What do I need to change to have the first menu item be highlighted instead?

3. Background darkness and transparency
    This is more a General skin question, not particularly related to Pulse 8, but maybe you can guide me a little bit.
    You may remember my question about the TVSeries display not being accurate, you did provide your respective Titan XML, which solved the problem. However, this background is showing non-highlighted series in a very "shadowed" manner, so that you hardly read/identify the respective series. I have no clue how this tvseriespanel file is actually doing this shadowing but I would like to make this background more transparent.

Similarly, the mini-EPG is almost completely covering the underlying TV picture. Its transparency seems to be 0%. Is there any easy way to make this transparent?

Best regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One more thing:

4. Latest Recordings
    The submenu with the latest recordings in TV is opening if there is no recently recorded Show, displaying an empty window. Should there be a check if there is anything to display first? Could be an issue with the LatestMediaHandler though.

Attachments

• 21-19-03.png
      21-19-03.png
      1.3 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    4. Latest Recordings
    The submenu with the latest recordings in TV is opening if there is no recently recorded Show, displaying an empty window.
    I reinstalled MePo, including all the different inofficial 1.6 patches, and LatestMedia is now properly showing.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2. TV submenu
    The submenu for TV is always opening with the third option "Recordings" being activated. I am not (yet?) a Skin expert, yet I assume that this can be set somewhere, correct? What do I need to change to have the first menu item be highlighted instead?
    I found it out myself: menu entry preselection is defined in the "Buttons" section of the Pulse 8 BasicHome.xml:
    <control>
    <description>BasicHome upper far left - TV</description>
    <type>button</type>
    [...]
    <onclick>#(skin.setfocus(35,1002))</onclick>

The 1002 (in line 717 of Gary's original file) defines the third entry of the submenu definitions in BasicHome.submenus.xml, Change this to 1000 to have the first entry "Watch TV" selected when clicking on TV in the main screen.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    OT :
    LMH need a rework from music side point :)
    I have adapted the plugin but only for the future 1.7.0Pre-release. I will try to make a bin for 1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom