Trailers Plugin v1.3.0 (Play/Stream/DL for MovingPictures, My Films, My Videos..) [2020-02-23] (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey @kiwijunglist ,

I had a quick peek and could not find a API for the site. Preferably I would like to only support sites that have an API as it will require much less maintenance to keep them working.

Of course I have no objections of someone else developing support for it as long as they are willing to maintain it. So far Im having a lot of success with themoviedb.org with HD youtube links.
    Yes. There is no api, but they are thinking of adding an api. Will get back to you if they do.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just a random idea:

If trailers can't find a plugin then it defaults to a search. After trailers has finished playing a trailer via search it offers to submit this trailer to themoviedb website. It would require you to have a themoviedb account

In trailers configuration (if on advanced settings mode)

[X] Offer to submit missing trailer to themovie.db
    Tooltip - "Improve online trailers database by submitting missing trailers you find via youtube search. You will need to setup a themovie.db account for this feature to work."

[Setup movie.db account]
    Tooltip - "An account with themoviedb.com is needed to submit missing trailers found by the plugin, this is not necessary for playing trailers"

After watching a trailer via search the following dialog would come up, the defailt highlighted option would be "no"

"Is this the correct officlal trailer for the movie you selected with good quality video and audio?"

... thoughts?

The alternative would be setup a generic account for mediaportal, that someone on themoviedb.com could moderate/monitor I think this would also work, because I think the number of trailers submitted probably wont be too huge, and I doubt our community would abuse this. It should be disabled by default of course.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Its a neat idea but I don't believe themoviedb.org has the ability to POST trailers on the API. I will double check though.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, i usw your trailers Plugin and showtimes. When i watch an trailer in showtimes the trailer was not in fullscreen only small case in the legt upper corner with black bars around it. When i watch trailers in onlinevideos the trailer have fullscreen.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, i usw your trailers Plugin and showtimes. When i watch an trailer in showtimes the trailer was not in fullscreen only small case in the legt upper corner with black bars around it. When i watch trailers in onlinevideos the trailer have fullscreen.
    Are you sure it's using the Trailers plugin? Showtimes has it's own Trailer functionality as well, it could be using that.

You must ensure the skin you're using has the correct Trailers button in the Showtimes GUI. If you attach logs after playing a trailer in Showtimes I can tell you if it actually used this plugin vs showtimes.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What can i do that showtimes use your Plugin for trailers ?

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, i will have a look in xm. For now i have the og, or did you need another one ?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK, i will have a look in xml. For now i have the log, or did you need another one ?
    Your logs indicate you are using Titanius from @powermarcel10 , it doesn't support the Trailers plugin in ShowTimes. Please go to the corresponding skin forum for help. All required information above has been provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom