TS file editors or saving files in other formats. (1 Viewer)

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hi

Do you know of any user friendly free TS file editors or is it possible to configure Media Portal to record in a format other than TS files?

Media Portal does have an editor which I have been using. However, it does not enable me to move the scroll bar along by clicking or dragging it. I have to fast forward the file and then wait for it to reach the start of the section that I want to save. Is this normal?

Your help will be appreciated,
Regards Richard.

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hi

Thanks for the letter.

What software do you use to edit the file?

Do you know of any video software that can enable the below or do you have any that can do this? It would be very useful for many people and save them a lot of time. If you do not know of any, do you know of someone who may be able to write software or modify existing software to do this?

Currently I am using Media Portal to record TV programs from my duel tuner Hauppauge TV Tuner card. I play them back with VLC Media Player that has advantages over other software I have seen as they can be played back at double speed while understanding the audio. However, I want some software to simply edit the files and trim unwanted parts out.

It would be good if there was video editing software that enabled viewing the video so that the screen of the video take up at least two thirds of the computer screen where the window can easily be resized. Some editors restrict you to a very small viewing size. It would be good to have a program like VLC media player but additionally enabled editing while playing the files back at double speed and understanding what is being said. I would like to click a button to start a section of a video to keep or delete and then another button to end the section to keep or delete. This would enable saving parts of the video and deleting unwanted parts.

It would be good to be able to press a button or keystroke to hop back or forward a minute with one click and two minutes with two clicks etc. Another button or keystroke to go back less than a minute would also be good. This would enable replaying something just seen. I would also like the scroll bar to be easily moved by the click of the mouse to a position anywhere in the middle of the video.

What software do you suggest to do the above or could it be easily created?

I am running Windows XP Home Addition.

There is a list of free open source video editors at List of video editing software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . Are any of these likely to be able to do what I want?

Your help is appreciated
Regards Richard.

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hi

I downloaded TSSniper or SpritON Sniper and tried to open a TS file and also a TS file that I renamed to a mpg file. However, TSSniper or SpritON Sniper could not open the file and said "Invalid project file format"

Are you sure it can easily edit TS files?

Regards Richard.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If these files are mpeg2 in a ts wrapper then they are supported, do not think h.264 files are supported yet, by either of the above.

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hello

Thanks for the letters. I plan to try Avidemux.

I am not sure if the files are mpeg2 or how I could find out what they are? In the properties it just says ts files.

I am not sure why the scroll bar in the Media Portal editor cannot be dragged along rapidly like with other software. Is it possible to do this with MP editor?

Regards Richard.

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    To me it isn't worth wasting time editing recordings. I'm assuming you want to edit out the commercials. Instead just download the show, which won't have the commercials. Much faster IMO.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    If these files are mpeg2 in a ts wrapper then they are supported, do not think h.264 files are supported yet, by either of the above.
    There's an advanced beta of VideoRedo TVSuite V4, that supports h264.

VideoReDo TVSuiteV4 w/H.264 - VideoReDo MPEG Editor Forums

Also TS Sniper is h264 compatible.

Hi

I downloaded TSSniper or SpritON Sniper and tried to open a TS file and also a TS file that I renamed to a mpg file. However, TSSniper or SpritON Sniper could not open the file and said "Invalid project file format"

Are you sure it can easily edit TS files?

Regards Richard.
    You have to create a new project, then "import" ts file into project.

bye!

PD: I've used VideoReDo TvSuite v3 with recorded ts from MP for a long time with no problem so far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom