TS file editors or saving files in other formats. (1 Viewer)

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hi

I opened TSSniper and clciked "add new file to project". However, it came up wth the message
"Access violation at address 0DD01B02 in module 'vp6dec.ax'. Read of address 00000040".

I did not have any video files open at the time.

Do you know why I recieved this message?

Regards Richard.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    No idea sorry... I didn't face this problem when I tested the soft... ¿? Look at software homepage, maybe you need some libraries...

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi

I downlaoded Avidemux and magaged to get it to open up and edit the files. However, once I saved the file I could not open it up in VLC Media Player again and the file did not save under any particular type or extension. I am not sure what video, audio and format to use. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Regards Richard.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Save example namexxxxx.ts, the .ts is important otherwise its not set as a filetype.

This applies to any other type of file as well that you may edit, so if it originally is avi, then name.avi is what you save.

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi Ray and those interested

I meant to also try what you said before I wrote my previous post. Sorry I forgot.

I managed to get the Avidemux software to work. However, I was unable to play it in fastfoward and set the markers while it was playing when I could hear the volume. The only time I managed to do this was when I dragged the scroll bar across when it is stopped playing. This is very good to quickly get near the start of the section you want to delete. However, it would be good to set the markers while it was playing in playback mode when I am very close to the start of the section I want to delete. Do you know if this can be done?

Your help is appreciated,
    Regards Richard..

tom78

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TS file editors or saving files in other formats.

Hello Richard.

I'm sorry, but it seems that this feature is currently not supported by avidemux. you have to stop playback, press the "A"-button and then continue playing.
    Perhaps a future release has the feature you want. ... Perhaps the developer of avidemux can include this soon if you ask him?!

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi

I tried opening up a file I edited and saved in Avidemux. I then clicked on the icon of the file in the list and clicked save to resave it. However, for me it does not seem to automatically add the ts extension and once the file is saved and Avidemux closed out it seems as if the file cannot be opened by any program that I have. It seems as if it is important every time to include the .ts extension on the name when saving, otherwise the file is damaged and cannot be opened. Do you find that as well?

Your help is appreciated,
    Regards Richard..

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hello

I just posted the below suggestions to the Avidemux forum. Is there anyone on this forum that may be able to make these changes to the Avidemux software or anything I could do to fix some of these problems?

I have been trying Avidemux and have some feedback that could help get more people interested in the software. I like the way how the scroll bar can be rapidly dragged across to find the area of the video to delete so the software could be very good with a couple of changes.

It would be good to be able to fast forward and rewind and also hear the audio in fast forward and rewind mode so that it could be understood in a similar manner to VLC media player.

Also when a .ts file is saved it would be good to see the name of the file it was so it suggests to save it under the same name unless it is changed. This is similar to how most other software does it. Otherwise it is easy to forget the name of file you opened.

I found it took rather long for the file to open. In other software like VLC media player the file opens almost instantly when it is clicked on.

On some occasions when I clicked “save” or “save as” to save a file, it does not always save properly. It saves a small .ts file under the name I saved it which is only a few Kilobytes and this does not contain the video. On other occasions it saves properly.

It seems as though that during saving it is vital to include the .ts extension in the file name, otherwise the file cannot be opened by any program that I have tried. It would be good if the extension was automatically included like with other software.

When I saved the files I did not change the settings so the video was “copy”, the audio was “copy” and the format was “avi”. I am not sure if I should have them set to something else for ts files.

Do you think an updated version could make the changes I suggest in the near future?

I am using Avidemux version 2.5.2 and Windows XP home addition.

Your help is appreciated
    Regards Richard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom