.TS/H.264 from Kartina.TV problems (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When I was testing with the NewSD sample yesterday, I found that it behaved differently with different video decoders - Cyberlink PDVD11 was best (no dropped frames), MS DTV had a lot of dropped frames, and LAV was just a few dropped frames - so it might be worth trying a different video decoder. (I was testing on a laptop with Intel HD graphics, so the results may be different with another GPU).

I've had a thought about another TsReader mod I can try, but I'll also test with your new samples.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Something to try - when you start/switch to a new live TV channel, try pausing it for a second or two (to allow more data to be buffered in the timeshift file) - this should make it behave more like playing a recording (in theory).

Tony

Caleb

Portal Member
    January 14, 2012
    I didn't have a lot of time to test right now, but I didn't get any drops on SD channels.
    I switched to some movie HD channels, and there I almost always get drops, with pausing and with playing the sample in My Videos.

When I play the sample in PotPlayer (with LAV selected) I don't get any drops :confused:
    Here're logs + sample from a movie: http://ifile.it/o1lutx0/SherlockLogs.zip
    And here's just a sample from the other one: http://ifile.it/ayvdjl4/NewMovie.ts

From what I can tell both movies are VC-1.

Btw, when trying to play back those TS files as renamed MKV, I get an error in My Videos (with LAV selected as Audio and Video codec):
    "Cannot play newmovie.mkv:
    VIDEO CODEC: AVC
    AUDIO CODEC: AAC VERSION 4 LC"

Caleb

Portal Member
    January 14, 2012
    I haven't had any time to test anything again (been very busy), but maybe the original bug is fixed, and now I'm facing some other problem?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I haven't had any time to test anything again (been very busy), but maybe the original bug is fixed, and now I'm facing some other problem?

That was my thought too - certainly the 'newSD' sample seems to have some invalid timestamps every few seconds.

Tony

Caleb

Portal Member
    January 14, 2012
    Have you looked at some of my recent HD samples? Do they play back fine for you (both as TS and as MKV) with LAV?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Another TsReader version to try :)

Your latest HD movies play OK for me, except that they are 24Hz so you need to switch the refresh rate to match if possible (and they are H.264, not VC-1 - 'AVC' is a specific version of H.264)

Tony

Attachments

• TsReader_noStopMod56d_KartinaTV_fix3.zip
      165.9 KB

Caleb

Portal Member
    January 14, 2012
    I've got excellent news, I can no longer reproduce the frame drops neither in My Videos nor in Live TV!
    There was one channel that suddenly had like 8 frame drops and a stutter, and then the frame drop counter immediately reset itself to 1... I have no idea what that was all about, but I wasn't able to reproduce it again. I'll be on the lookout for any issues.

Thanks for all the work btw, TV is finally watchable!

One last (albeit offtopic) question about the dynamic refresh rate changer. When I quit MP (alt+f4), it doesn't seem to reset the desktop refresh rate back to what it was (60hz), so I sometimes end up being stuck with 24hz. Is there a way to make it change the refresh rate back when you stop a video, or quit to desktop?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    In refresh rate config, if you set 60Hz default mode by default it should going to 60Hz after stop the video. I think it does here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom