tuner card (1 Viewer)

stormbringer2500

May 6, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there I am wondering if anyone can help me I just got my TBS 6981 card today, and I just cannot figure out how to get the channels to work I can tune them in and shows they are there but then go into Media Portal and "Not Available" in the guide. Any help is much appreciated, Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

stormbringer2500

May 6, 2015
    Home Country
    I am not sure is that becuase I have just done a complete scan again and cannot view it or even preview, some unknown error ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks, that's perfect. :)

It looks like you triggered the "unknown errors" by attempting to tune/test a channel while your tuner was still scanning. To fix, simply restart the TV service:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the "manual control" section.
    3. Click "stop service"... then "start service".

The other advice I'd offer...
    You have a TBS 6981, which has 2 tuners. If you want TV Server to use both tuners then you need to "map" your channels to both tuners. After scanning with the first tuner:
    2. Expand the "TV channels" section and select "TV mapping.
    3. Select the first TBS tuner up the top.
    4. Select all the channels on the left (select the first, then hold down ctrl and press end).
    5. Click the >> button.
    6. Repeat instructions 3 to 5 for the second TBS tuner.
    7. Repeat instructions 2 to 6 for the "radio channels" section.

I hope that helps. :)
    If you get stuck again, don't hesitate to ask for help... and please include log files.

Regards,
    mm

stormbringer2500

May 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Ok tried that also tried testing the channels ones like E4, BBC etc i can view but the sky ones like ALIBI HD and FOX say channel scrambled, also can view them on media portal guide the BBC etc but shows no information.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ones like E4, BBC etc i can view
    Good. :)

...but the sky ones like ALIBI HD and FOX say channel scrambled
    That's 100% normal.
    You can't view Sky channels without a subscription. If you have a Sky subscription then it may be possible to configure TV Server to descramble these channels (which would enable you to view them). However, if you want to do that then you'll need to ask how on another forum.

...also can view them on media portal guide the BBC etc but shows no information.
    Are you asking me to help you with something here?

I mean, you can hide the Sky channels if you don't want to see them:
    2. Go to the "TV channels" section.
    3. Click "uncheck" in the "scrambled/encrypted channels" box.
    4. Close TV Server configuration and re-open MediaPortal so that the changes take effect.
    ...and you can create your own custom channel groups which show whatever channels you want in the order that you want. Like almost everything, these things are explained in our wiki:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/TV-Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels

About the "...shows no information"...
    As previously mentioned, you need to sort out a guide data source if you want to see program information in the guide. There are instructions for various ways to do this in the wiki too:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom