Tuners have the same name, how do I change them? (1 Viewer)

haystax

Portal Member
July 27, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi there.

I'm running MediaPortal 1.11 with the DJBlu Sky EPG grabber integrated (as found on this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/djblus-custom-sky-data-grabber-for-mp1-9-onwards.127825/ ). My DVB-S2 card is the DVBSky S952 which is a twin tuner card. In the TVServer both tuners have the same name. This has resulted in the SKY UK EPG Grabber only recognising and displaying a single tuner in its configuration options. Consequently the grabber is unable to update channel frequency changes as I have manually mapped channels to the second tuner (to test this I did not map new channels that appeared, they were only auto-mapped to the tuner the grabber was working with - on doing a manual grab the plugin successfully detected changes and updated these channels that weren't manually mapped to tuner B).

I would like to know how I can give the tuners unique names so that the grabber can work with both tuners and I won't have any more no signal detected errors due to channel movement.

Any advice appreciated.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome haystax :)

In the TVServer both tuners have the same name.
    Yeah, the default names come from the tuner's driver. We have no control over that.

This has resulted in the SKY UK EPG Grabber only recognising and displaying a single tuner in its configuration options. Consequently the grabber is unable...
    Sounds like a bug in the grabber... and therefore, I strongly suggest you should report this to the person or people who are maintaining the grabber so they can fix it properly.

I would like to know how I can give the tuners unique names...
    You can't through the user interface. The only way might be through the database. However, I can't make any guarantee that changing the name there would (a) be effective and (b) not cause other problems.

Regards,
    mm

haystax

Portal Member
    July 27, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for the welcome mm, and for replying :)

I'll see if I can report it as a bug or at least a feature request, maybe the grabber could use the tuner id instead of just the name (I have no idea, I'm not tech-savvie). Meanwhile I'll look at the database option as I'm getting a little bit desperate (family htpc!).

haystax

Portal Member
    July 27, 2015
    Home Country
    Ok looks like that did the trick. I stopped the TVService, used HeidiSQL to connect to the database, found a section called card and there was another bit which had my tuners listed. I added a "B" to the second tuner then exited. Restarted the TVService and the grabber has detected both my tuners and they both work! Did a full grab and all channels have automatically been mapped to both tuners. Hopefully this will fix the problems I've been having with channel movement. Cheers for the hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom