TV Management (Release) (2 Viewers)

daemian

Portal Member
December 28, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the reply vcrapps. I went ahead and upgraded to 1.3 because I figured i Should anyway....
So same question for 1.3 i guess. This is the error I get now (after upgrading to 1.3) when trying to open TV_Server Configuration.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-23 at 2.43.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-23 at 2.43.01 PM.png
    13.9 KB

vcrapps

Portal Pro
March 11, 2012
Home Country
The same procedure would apply to version 1.3.0, except now your going to have to use the 1.3.0 installer, or particularly the "TV Management.dll" file. The error message you got seems to indicate that you were using the wrong dll file for the Mediaportal version that you have now upgraded to, or possibly a conflict with XBMC. Again I'm not sure how your setup is configured with XBMC as your front end, and the Server only configuration being mediaportal.

Last edited:

vcrapps

Portal Pro
March 11, 2012
Home Country
TV Management version 5.0 has been released for 64-Bit, let me know of any bugs! (Now Outdated)

Change Log:

* Added Ability to Compress, and Decompress Recordings.
* Changed the Configuration Utility, to allow showing of saved
Settings, and also changed functionality.
* Formatted Drive Space Indicator to be a little easier to read
* Added ability to see size of each selected Recording.
* Fixed some Clear Operation bugs.
* Fixed option "Set Ten" Bug.
* Fixed a potential error if no free space is found, to alert user.
* Added other message prompts to Alert if certain conditions are
triggered.
* Changed the First & Second Directory Prompts to Show what Hard Drive
letter that is currently Active.
* Added Filters for Compression & Decompression modes. (Compression
Mode will only show files ending in ".ts". Decompression mode will only
show files ending in ".gz".
* Optimized original code to use less resources.
* Added more information to show when the directory is emptying
* Added and Update Feature to allow users to check for, and update the
TV Management Plugin, to keep up-to-date with the latest changes, and
bug fixes. This also helps to cut down on installing a new package
installer every time for both me and you. The update Feature will only
be available for MediaPortal 3.X & MediaPortal 2.x with the latter
until further notice.
* Add Directory information and Drive Space when TV Management first
Loads.

Also the new Compress Mode can potentially make a Recording file larger than it initial size due to overhead encoding information, so use your own discretion.

Attachments

• TV Management 5.0 MP 3.X 64 Bit.mpe1
    329.5 KB
Last edited:

vcrapps

Portal Pro
March 11, 2012
Home Country
You've came to this page either because you received the following error message:

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application.
Index was outside the bounds of the array."

or you were referred here by the TVM Updater program.

This error message has been coming up only from Windows Vista and newer, due to the Windows program Security settings.

WINDOWS 7 METHOD:

To fix this problem, go into your Control Panel, then click on System and Security. Then click on Change User Account Control Settings. Slide the Slider Down to the very bottom to "Never Notify", then click "ok". Your Computer will ask to Restart in order to Save the changed setting. Restart the computer. Once it restarts you will no longer receive this error message.

WINDOWS VISTA METHOD:

(COMING SOON, BUT SHOULD BE SOMEWHAT SIMILAR)

WINDOWS 8 METHOD:

(COMING SOON, BUT SHOULD BE SOMEWHAT SIMILAR)

Last edited:

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    It would be really helpful if the first post in this thread explained what the plugin does or provide a link to a wiki that explains it. Another helpful tip is to put a link to the updated version in the first post rather than an ambiguous "this version has been replaced, see below", forcing the reader to search the thread (without even knowing what the plugin does), and then finding a subsequent post that basically says, "here's the updated info, and it too has been superceded, so keep reading".

patch

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi thanks for a really good plugin just a note I cant get config to work this time in 1.4 also as for rename and move yes yes yes brilliant addition
    as I move files I can rename any that did not come up in guide correctly and rename my manuel recordings from av souce saves messing with xml
    files which I don't know how to do thankyou for your time doing this plugin its ben needed for a while

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello Patch, when your saying that you have config problems, are you referring to the the "Configuration Utility", or the "TVM Updater"?

patch

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    sorry should of said its in configuration utility it wont launch it says cannot find utility to contact you do I uninstall and reinstalls ?

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello Patch:

I"m not exactly sure how your System is configured, but it seems as though your running a Windows 64 Bit Operating System. If so, than the version of TV Management 4.X is not compatible with the 64 Bit OS. Unfortunately I quit supporting the 64 bit OS starting with 4.X due to the fact that the majority of users appeared to be using the 32 Bit version, which is available on the Main Plugin Download page, plus the code is starting to become even more complex, and there is more room for error when supporting different bit OS's. I am glad however that you are using my plugin, and decided that although I haven't tested this "dll" file below for the 64 Bit 4.X. I believe it should work.

You will need to however re-install the 3.X TV Management MPEI installer for the 64 Bit OS ABOVE, Then after the Install, replace the "TV Management.dll" file with the one BELOW: I believe the directory address location is "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows"

Hope this works for you:)

Attachments

• TV Management.zip
      9.8 KB
    Last edited:

patch

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    sorry to here that 64 bit has been dropped I do understand that it is hard too keep everything up to date will try the work around tonight
    and see if it works thankyou (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom